4ms Noise Swash Distortion
Submitted: February 5th, 2003
by Anonymous Reviewer
Pristine sound quality is the antithesis of this pedal. It's like a self-oscillating synth fuzz/noise beastie. But, that doesn't mean you can't get some of the best distortion sounds ever out of this. It means if you want to play a pedal that will likely make you insane, here ya go. Jimi lovers, look away. Nu-Metal/Industrial lovers, uhhhh, maybe. Freethinkers who want original sounds, it's christmas time. Want to make your amp explode? you got it. Have a fetish for quitting guitar and just playing pedals for hours on end, here ya go. Thats right, with the self-oscillation, this becomes a semi-random noise generator of it's own. How cool is that? I never give tens, but here is one exception.
I'm a dumbass, and I built it myself. Therefore, it'll fall apart and I'll have to build a new one. But i hear that Dann, Tom, or Mike can make a mean pedal, and it'll last ya. Since this is a homemade jobber, I'll leave the reliability a big fat ?
General Comments
I've been playing for 12 years, since I was an itty bitty boy. I used to gig in high school before I had this, with probably one of the only experimental prog teenage bands in the country. I REALLY wish I had this then, because I haven't gigged in like 2 years (friggin college...) Sadly, I've never tried a ZVex fuzz factory, but I can honestly say that as of right now, I have no urge to. This is just too much fun. If anyone has a knack for electronics, building these is just a blast. My only suggestion that I'm soon to follow up on: Order a pedal from one of the collective, just to let them kow how much you appreciate all of their hard work and vision. Have no mistake about it, Dann Green, Tom Pollock, and Mike Both are all visionarys, and all of their products are the wave of the future. If it were stolen, I would send one of these guys a picture of my box and have them make an exact replica, since I love the layout i made. I mean, I could do it again, but you gotta support your local visionary, right?