4ms Duo Distortor
Submitted: January 2nd, 1999
by 1976tele
I run a Peavy T-15 (you wouldnt understand so dont try) through this pedal into my 1969 Kasino head which goes into an Ampeg 4 x 12 from the same year i think...anyway..it sounds alright. Pretty quiet on both channels but who cares about that shit anyway. Red channel produces throaty, gritty tones which are only acceptable when the fuzz knob is all the way up...but then i do that with every distortion pedal. I dont think i will ever use the gain button on anything at less then the max setting. Why would you want to?
I have already ripped most of the knobs off so im just twisting the metal rods now for most settings..it hasnt broke yet.
General Comments
Its a good pedal but i recommend just getting the fuzz pedal itself..although with these garage boxes sometimes consistency isnt something you can count on so maybe mines just a little off. The fuzz is gritty and nasty and throaty especially with the "mud" knob about halfway up. Dont try and play metal with this thing, but if you like Mudhoney then you will dig this pedal.