3rd Power Amplification Systems HD100
Submitted: November 5th, 2009
by Craig--EW5g
The tones from this 100w head are VERY inspiring......no frills or push pulls here, just the real deal from the tight bottom end thump all the way to the presence control, all very musical and touch responsive. From my Les Pauls and PRS McCarty with humbuckers, to P90 honk, to Tele single coils, this amp simply rocks! The amp has plenty of thick and juicy gain on tap and is also extremely quiet.
The amp is PTP construction and appears to be built like a battleship. It arrived from Nashville to Orange County CA in perfect working order, and Jamie stated "I packed it myself!" The power tubes were separately packed and numbered for a seamless power up.
General Comments
I've been playing guitar over 30 years and have owned and played most amps out there. I love this amp, and that's an understatement! Trust me, you will love the company "vibe" as well. The master volume works perfectly at ALL volumes. I was up until 3am the first night she appeared, with 6 guitars throughout the bedroom, so this amp could cause some serious sleep deprivation....remember to hit the standby switch and take a break! Keep up the great work Jamie!