3rd Power Amplification Systems HD100
Submitted: November 15th, 2009
by Aaron-FEM3K
This amp is a dream come true. I know its hard to believe when you see people say this. I always think the same thing. However it is true. I have played through almost every amp out there and have always found that certain amps are really good for certain things but I was not ever able to find an amp that was versatile enough to do it all. That was until I plugged into a 3rd Power amp. I can only guess that it is Jamie's years of experience as a touring musician that he was able to capture what a guitar amp should sound and feel like. I am able to cover the full spectrum of music genres with this amp and the lead tone is unbelievable. It sounds like a strange way to describe this ....its almost like its 3D the way the amp brings to life all the different nuances of your playing. It feels like it is an extension of my fingers and whatever I do on the fretboard gets transferred through the amp as it should. It makes me want to play even more than I already do. Another thing that I wanted to mention is that you can get an amazing tone at low bedroom levels and when you turn the amp up it just gets bigger. In a band situation this amp cuts through with ease and sits well with bass and drums. I would highly recommend getting one of these amps.
I have not had any issues at all with this amp and don't think I will. The build is emaculate slick and rugged.
General Comments
I have been playing 20+ years, if not more, I think I have lost track. If this amp were stolen I would get another. I put this amp up against a modded JCM 800, a Mesa Boogie Mark V, a Bogner, an Orange and it beat them all.