3rd Power Amplification Systems HD100
Submitted: October 20th, 2009
by BradS
I play old Charvels and GMP's, primarily with humbuckers, though every now and then I get the urge to pull out the American Deluxe Strat. This amp KILLS with both buckers and single coils. The sound I'm going after is the classic 80's and 90's hard rock to metal crunch and lead. Apparently this is the same sound that 3rd Power is going for because they have nailed it...in spades. The amp is super quiet, especially considering the gain it is capable of, and had loads of bottom end power and thunk. It is a single channel, but it does a wonderful job of cleaning up nicely when you roll the guitar volume back. You can get a wide range of great, usable tones just by twisting your guitar volume around. The amp will get seriously loud, as any 100w tube amp, but doesn't need to be overly loud to sound amazing. It honestly sounds pretty much the same throughout the volume range...an amazing master volume.
Hand-built with loving care in Nashville, TN by VERY seasoned industry pros. I don't foresee any issues here.
General Comments
I can't stress enough how people should try these guys out. I've had literally EVERYTHING over the years. Every Marshall, VHT, Wizard, Diezel, Rivera, Engl, blah, blah, blah...and this amps hands it to all of them. I will have this, or one of Jamie's amps, from now on.