"The" Guitar Co. The '57 Vintage Reissue
Submitted: July 8th, 2008
by Matthew Hogg
This guitar sounds great considering it cost 129 GBP! The tone controls actually do make a difference in sound, unlike a certain custom shop guitar i tried the other day that was ten times the price! It does just what i need, and gives a surprisingly chunky sound, along with the normal spikey strat tone.
I've yet to gig this guitar, 31st July is my first gig. I never play without a backup, altho im goin to try to play the whole set on it (apart from the acoustic numbers.) Only the tuners are a source or worry...
General Comments
I love this guitar! I normally hate strats but saw the price of these and thought 'what the heck, if i don't like it i can send it back'. Well i am a convert, like i said previously i find this guitars pickup and tone combinations far more versatile than normal f*nders! It's not even too heavy and the neck is reassuringly chunky. When i dropped this guitar into my tech (a guitar salesman of 25 years) he was unsure why there was no name on the headstock. He thought this was a żż300 strat with a new neck! He nearly fell over when i told him it was 129 GBP from China! He said the pickups are fantastic for the price and overall the playability is fab. He even asked for the company's website so he could check them out himself! Love this guitar and if it falls apart tomorrow, id another two more just to make sure!