SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • October 10, 2013
— For over 40 years, API mixing consoles have become synonymous for audio excellence and multi-platinum recordings. From the Foo Fighters to Fleetwood Mac’s classic Rumours
, API mixing desks are legendary for their colorful punch and warm analog detail. Now Universal Audio is pleased to release the API Vision Channel Strip Plug-In
for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins
platform and Apollo audio interfaces
Featuring five API modules — the 212L Microphone Preamplifier, 215L High/Low Cut Filters, 235L Gate/Expander, 225L Compressor/Limiter, and 550L 4-Band Equalizer — the API Vision Channel Strip plug-in allows owners of Apollo audio interfaces and UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware
to impart their tracks with the same focus, punch, and harmonic detail as its high-end hardware counterpart.
Available for purchase via UA's Online Store for $299, the API Vision Channel Strip Plug-In is part of the new UAD Software v7.3
- Faithful channel strip emulation from API's flagship Vision analog console
- Comprised of five distinct modules: 212L Mic Preamp, 215L High/Low Cut Filters, 235L Gate/Expander, 225L Compressor/Limiter, and 550L 4-Band Equalizer
- Models custom 2520 API op-amp and transformers with circuit nonlinearities
- Allows recording in real time via Apollo interfaces (sub-2ms latency) and/or mixing workflows via UAD-2 hardware
- More than 70 artist presets from Joe Chiccarelli, Neil Dorfsman, David Isaac, Nathaniel Kunkel and John Paterno
- Requires UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Card or Apollo Interface, available from authorized dealers worldwide.