Start with Korg's proven Hyper Integrated sound engine - the synthesis system that has made the TRITON a world-wide standard. Add in a comprehensive 64 MB ROM which includes many new sounds as well as Korg classics. Bring it all up-to-date with totally new features including USB MIDI capabilities and reliable, portable SD card data storage. Package it in a sleek black body housing a powerful 16-track sequencer, a superb effects engine, and topped off by a clear and user-friendly interface. Introducing the affordable instrument designed to meet all your needs from live performance to song production: the new KORG TR Music Workstation.
- Based on Korg's HI synth engine, delivering the robust, compelling sound you've come to expect.
- Abundant 64 MB PCM waveform memory is jammed with new sample data and programs, including new dynamic and spacious piano and acoustic instrument sounds.
- Template based 16-track 200,000 note sequencer, cue list construction, RPPR pattern sequencing and dual arpeggiators offer fast and easy song production.
- 512 Programs covering a broad range of sounds, 128 GM-compatible programs and nine drum programs, plus 384 Combinations.
- Offers limited compatibility with TRITON series sound.
- Add full-fledged sampler capabilities, including advanced functions such as Time Stretch/Compress and Time Slice with the optional EXB-SMPL sampling upgrade board.
- SD card storage is fast, low cost, reliable, and can backup and restore large quantities of data with ease.
- 61-key, 76-key and 88-key models are available.
- Compact and lightweight design for ease of portability.
- Distinctive black color.
- USB computer connection for smooth MIDI integration and data transfer.
TR Music Workstation Specifications
- System: HI (Hyper Integrated) synthesis system (only 1 Insert effect is available)
- Tone Generator: HI (Hyper Integrated) sound engine; 48kHz Sampling frequency, 64MB PCM ROM, 470 multisamples + 518 drum samples
- Polyphony: 62 voices, 62 oscillators (single mode) / 31 voices, 62 oscillators (double mode)
- Keyboard: 61 keys and 76 keys; velocity and aftertouch sensing, and 88-key weighted (Real weighted Hammer action 2) keyboard
- Effect Section: Stereo digital multi-effect system; 2 Master effects (mono in, stereo out), 1 Insert effect (stereo in/out), Master EQ (3-band stereo) - all usable simultaneously
- Number of Effect types: 89 (available for Insert effects or Master effects)
- Programs, Combinations, Drumkits: 512 Programs (512 preloaded), 384 Combinations (384 preloaded), 24 Drumkits (16 preloaded); GM sound map compatible - 128 programs + 9 drum kits (ROM)
- Sequencer: 16 timbres, 16 tracks, Resolution 1/192, 150 preset/100 user patterns (for each song), 200 songs, 20 cue lists, Maximum capacity: 200,000 notes, supports TR format (.SNG file), Standard MIDI Files (format 0 and 1)
- RPPR (Realtime Pattern Play/Recording) function: One set is available for each song, 150 preset drum patterns
- Dual Polyphonic Arpeggiator: Two arpeggiators, useable simultaneously (Combination, Sequencer modes); 5 preset arpeggio patterns; 216 user arpeggio patterns (200 preloads)
- EXB-SMPL Sampling Upgrade (sold separately) features: 48 kHz, 16-bit linear; memory capacity=64MB (when 2/32 MB SIMMs installed, 16 MB SIMM included with the EXB-SMPL); 4,000 samples / 1,000 multisamples (128 indexes are available per multisample), Time Slice, Time Stretch/Compress, other editing functions, AIFF, WAVE, AKAI (S3000/S1000), Korg format sample data loading are available, sample data exporting as AIFF, WAVE format available
- SD Card Functions (in MEDIA Mode): Load, Save, Utility, Data filer functions (Save/Load of MIDI exclusive data), CD-ROM (ISO9660 level 1, AKAI S-100/3000 format) loading available (when EXB-SMPL installed)
- Controllers: Joystick, 2 Assignable switches, 4 Assignable knobs, Audition key, Category key
- Control Inputs: Assignable Switch/Pedal, Damper (half damper supported)
- Outputs: MAIN=L/MONO, R, Individual-1, 2, Headphones
- USB: USB-B connector (USB ver.1.1 supported)
- Media Slot: SD card(tm) slot (2.7~3.6 V, 16 MB~1 GB)
- MIDI: IN, OUT, THRU
- Graphical User Interface: 240x64 dots LCD display with back-light
- Dimensions: 61-key=1,045 (W) x 302 (D) x 95 (H) mm / 41.14" (W) x 11.89" (D) x 3.74" (H), 76-key=1,258 (W) x 302 (D) x 95 (H) mm / 49.53" (W) x 11.89" (D) 3.74" (H), 88-key=1,414 (W) x 365 (D) x 123 (H) mm / 55.67" (W) x 14.37" (D) x 4.84" (H)
- Weight: 61-key =7.8 kg / 17.20 lbs., 76-key = 9.2 kg / 20.28 lbs., 88-key=24.1 kg / 53.13 lbs.
- Power Consumption: 13 W (when EXB-SMPL and 2/32 MB SIMMs are installed)
- Accessories: AC/AC power supply
System requirements of computers to connect with the TR via USB:
Supported OS: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition/Professional/x64 Edition
Supported Computer: Computer with USB port and the ability to run supported OS
*Driver software for Windows XP x64 Edition is beta-version.
Supported OS: Mac OS X 10.2 or later
Supported Computer: Apple Macintosh with USB port and the ability to run supported OS
TR Music Workstation Options
- EXB-SMPL SAMPLING UPGRADE
- Sampling=16bit sampling, 48kHz stereo/mono sampling frequency, 16 MB SIMM equipped, expandable to 64MB, Audio in 1-2, Gain knob/switch, SCSI IF *User-installable. Use 16 MB or 32 MB 72-pin SIMM modules that are either Fast Page or EDO-compatible, with an access speed of 60 nsec or faster, 11-bit addressing required. For details refer to a TR dealer near you.
- XVP-10 Expression / Volume Pedal
- EXP-2 Foot Controller
- DS-1H Damper Pedal
- PS-1 Pedal Switch
*Preload Data (Demo Songs, etc.) loads inside ROM
*Sound processed with INFINITY
*Specifications and features are subject to change without notice.