|(Click for a close-up)|
Canadian company Soundminer Inc. Toronto, Canada, has released their first product, simply called Soundminer. The product is a search and retrieval, spotting and file management system optimized for use with Digidesign ProTools systems. Soundminer features an interface designed from "the ground up" for and by sound designers.
Soundminer supports all major audio file formats and even catalogues, auditions and loads Samplecell and Soft Samplecell instruments. Unlike other products that use off-the-shelf database programmes or point and click dependant network browsers, Soundminer uses a database system designed to do one thing only -- find sound fast. You do not need any special hardware - no special extensions or plug-ins or proprietary drives. And any Pro tools system, from ProTools FREE to a high end TDM system, will work. Databasing is a simple drag'n'drop procedure and if you can spell your name, you can personalize your work and database environment.
Other Features include:
- Multi-user support with built-in user management tools.
- Personalized work environment with searchable user-defined comment fields.
- On the fly sample rate / bit rate conversion with waveform overview calculation.
- Project dependent EDL tracking and recall.
- Fast powerful databasing tool. Drag'n'Drop that's it.
- Multiple databases support with shared library networking functionality.
- Search all databases at once. No point and click needed.
- Support for SDII,AIFF, WAV, Mp3, and Samplcell instruments.
- "One screen tells all" Browser. Constant Status feedback screen.
- Fast ProTools consistent quickey support for most functions.
- Built-in overview display with the ability to play from anywhere within the files borders.
- Duration counter, Energy meter, and Volume control all built-in to Browser.
- Complete Boolean search and advanced relevance search support.
- Super fast search engine. Hundreds of thousands of records searched in seconds.
- Alphanumeric support as well as multiple continuous and discontinous selection.
- Varispeed playback right from the same quickeys as in ProTools.
- Taglist and snapshot support with save and recall option.
- ProTools Spot function with exact timecode and track placement.
- Built-in clip editor with waveform display.
- Power user Command line interface allows access to higher functionality.
- Virtual Finder allows you to scan, audition and tag any audio file from any visible volume.
- Support for OS copy, and several other software platforms.