Pi is an innovative, multi-channel phase interactions mixer plug-in for Mac and PC. Pi works to improve the summing of a DAW or a mixer. It dynamically minimizes frequency cancellations between instruments within the mix, and brings back the lost depth and focus lost when overlapping frequencies collide. Good phase relationships between mixer tracks, are a key to great sounding mix.
Normally, where mixer channels are summed into a single stereo mix bus, instruments overlap and interact with each other across the frequency range and phase position. Often, a bass track could be temporarily out-of-phase with the kick or rhythm guitar tracks, and when summed into a mix, end up canceling each-other over the overlapping frequency range, causing a temporary “hole” in the low end. Similarly, a snare track could end up sounding thin in a mix when the toms resonance are out of phase with the snare.
Designed to enhance any mix, Pi dynamically rotates the phase of the individual mixer channels to achieve maximum phase correlation within the mix. Pi minimizes negative interaction and significantly improves the overall sound of the mix. Features
- Groundbreaking, true multi-channel engine, dynamically optimizes phase relationships between mix channels for optimal sounding mix
- Three-mode track grouping for enhanced related instruments and multi-mic setup phase correlation optimization
- Full Range and Low Frequency global optimization modes
- Four mode multi-channel phase correlation display, enables a unique view of the phase relationships within the mix
- Internal, inter-channel sample accurate routing, no complicated side-chaining required
- Available for Mac & PC in VST, RTAS and AU formats, in 32 and 64 bits where applies.
Minimum Requirements Mac: Intel Mac Dual Core 2GHz or faster, 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6.x or higher, RTAS/ AU / VST Compatible DAW.
Minimum requirements PC: Intel Duo 2GHz or faster, 4GB RAM, Microsoft Windows XP or higher, RTAS/ VST Compatible DAW.
Pi is available for an introductory price of $180 (reg. $240) through 31/12/2012.
A special introductory offer of $150 is available for our existing users in the user area.
A fully functional, 30 day free trial is available for download here.