|(Click for a close-up)|
Sony is expanding its pre-packaged UHF wireless microphone systems with the introduction of separate components at Summer NAMM, making it easier to custom craft your own setup.
The UWP wireless microphone system's UHF transmissions are less susceptible to annoying interference and distracting dropouts typical to VHF. Added enhancements including PLL (Phase Locked Loop) circuitry refine the inherent advantages of UHF. Building on this solid foundation, the UWP system's mics, receivers and tuners also incorporate features normally associated with far more expensive units. For example, belt packs and mic transmitters include LED displays that give complete system status information. Tone squelch circuitry automatically removes ambient noise to produce a clean sound.
Initially, UWP systems were offered in pre-packaged combinations to offer a simple solution to meet most requirements. Now, the availability of UWP components gives custom capabilities to match individual needs.
The UWP series UHF wireless microphone components utilize three core technologies to supply stable transmission and reception:
- PLL Synthesized System: A stable carrier signal helps to prevent interference with other frequency channels, offering the option to select a preferred channel from multiple frequencies.
- Space Diversity Reception System: Achieves a stable reception through dual-antenna inputs/reception circuits that receive signals over two different paths and automatically selects the best RF signal for quality performance.
- Tone Squelch Circuitry: Recognizes a 32-kHz pilot-tone signal and outputs the audio signal only when this signal is received, which also helps prevent potential interference from other transmissions of wireless devices.
The UWP wireless microphone systems provide selectable RF output levels: 5mW output for simultaneous multi-channel operation and 30mW high power output for long distance transmission. The systems are powered by two LR-6 alkaline batteries (AA-size) providing up to 6 hours of run time.
The new UWP Wireless components include:
- UTX-B1C Body-Back Transmitter: with an Omni-directional lavaliere microphone is available in channels 62 - 65 or 66 - 69. The suggested list price is $450.00.
- UTX-B1S Body-Back Transmitter with a Uni-directional lavaliere microphone is available in channels 62 - 65 or 66 - 69. The suggested list price is $395.00.
- UTX-H1 Handheld Microphone is available in channels 62 - 65 or 66 - 69. The suggested list price is $395.00.
- URX-P1 Portable Diversity Receiver designed for mounting onto a camera is available in channels 62 - 65 or 66 - 69. The suggested list price is $495.00.
- URX-R1 Half Rack Diversity Receiver is available in channels 62 - 65 or 66 - 69. The suggested list price is $495.00.
- URX-M1 Diversity Tuner Module is designed for simultaneous multi-channel operation with Sony's MB-806A multi-channel rack system. The unit is available in channels 62 - 65 or 66 - 69. The suggested list price is $395.00.
- RMM-URXR1S Single Rack Mount for the URX-R1 Half Rack Receiver and is available for the suggested list price of $45.00.
- RMM-URXR1D Dual Rack Mount for the URX-R1 Half Rack Receiver is available for the suggested list price of $70.00.
The UWP wireless microphone components will be available in August 2003.