IK Multimedia has now launched SampleTank as an RTAS plug-in for Digidesign Pro Tools Windows system. SampleTank is the first instrument of this kind available for Pro Tools Windows, combining a sophisticated sampler/synth engine with multi-sampled sounds to create a fully-expandable, plug-in instrument.
The SampleTank plug-in offers:
- Sampler/Synth engine with 32 bit floating point processing
- Compatible with Pro Tools for MacOS and Windows (plus VST and Digital Performer MAS)
- Includes 450 multi-sampled sound banks - over 2.5GB of samples
- Imports AKAI S1000/S3000 sound format
- Growing range of native sound libraries available
- 4 effects per voice selectable among 20 DSP effects
- Sound organization with user defined folders and categories plus keywords searching
- 4 dynamic sound parameters per voice
- Multi-timbral with 16 voices per module
- 128 notes polyphony (per module)
- 4 stereo outputs (8 mono)
SampleTank for Pro Tools Windows is now available for download and will be available in various packages by the end of September 2002.
- SampleTank XL, a 4 CDs pack with more than 450 sounds (2.5 GB of samples) and AKAI converter, at $499 / €529
- SampleTank L, a 2 CDs pack with 200 sounds (1.1 GB of samples) and AKAI converter, at $279 / €309
- SampleTank LE (a reduced version with 4 MIDI channels and 1 output) bundled with sound libraries from world-class sound designers including IK, AMG, Masterbits and Sonic Reality starting at $79 / €89
A free version of SampleTank RTAS Windows with more than 15 free sounds is already downloadable online at www.sampletank.com.