Made of carved korina and chambered with an F hole The new Rees CKF guitars are being made in Cambridge, England. A fully carved arch-top front and a half-carved back are added to the well developed and proven chambering of the Rees F2 guitar. The body is solid along the center from the neck to the bridge, but hollow on both sides. The result is a fine sounding instrument, whose soft curves and light balanced weight distribution make it very comfortable to play. There are many choices to the overall build of the guitar:
- The bridge can be a fixed fully adjustable Gotoh wrap-around, or a Kahler vibrato bridge.
- The pickups, by Seymour Duncan, can be open or nickel covered humbuckers, or P90s.
- The controls can be 2, 3, or 4 knob, ranging from simple to "do-everything" including single coils; phased; series and parallel.
- The fretboard can be pau ferro, or maple, or birds eye maple.
- The tuners can be standard Gotohs, or Sperzel locking tuners.
The body is stained by rubbing by hand which brings out the full beauty of the fine wood figuring, rather than by spraying which would obscure the wood grain. The body is finished in multiple layers of thin acrylic lacquer, oil and wax, to preserve best resonance and tone, while offering a finest hand-made appearance that is more durable than simple oil and wax. The neck is finished in high-tech polymer lacquer for durability, with a fast action satin finish to the back of the neck. A choice of body colors is available: Natural korina, Golden korina, Dark Cherry, Amber Sunburst, Tobacco Sunburst, Dark Cherry Sunburst, Stripy Brown, Stripy Black. For further information please see http://www.rees-electric-guitars.com/ Features:
- Carved korina body with optional flame maple front and a choice of colors and sunbursts.
- Low weight chambered construction for ultimate tone and sustain.
- Angled 22 fret 25.5 in Warmoth maple neck.
- Warmoth compound radius fret-board of a choice of woods.
- Acrylic and oil and wax finish for fine tone, good looks, and durability.
- Wrap-around bridge, or Kahler vibrato bridge.
- Fender LSR roller nut for easy tuning and string weight tolerance.
- Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz humbucker pickups, or Seymour Duncan P90 pickups.
- Choice of controls from simple to advanced coil splitting; phased; series and parallel.
Available now. Price is €885 or $1460.