Professional grade 200 watt amplifier that doesn’t compromise on tone
Costa Mesa, CA – May 21, 2012 – Finally, a modern, analog guitar amplifier that produces the warm, rich tone of a vintage tube amp without the hassle of tubes. The MicroPro 200’s small size and light weight makes it easy to transport, but there is nothing small about the tone, thanks to 200 watts of class D power supplying massive headroom to the heavy-duty 8" Celestion full-range speaker.
This innovative design is the brainchild of Patrick Quilter, the founder of QSC Audio Products, a leading supplier in pro audio. Using his vast experience with power amplifier design and a musician’s ear, Mr. Quilter has cracked the code for classic tube tone to create an amp that defies expectations.
Highlights of the Quilter MicroPro 200 include:
· 200 watt class D switchmode amplifier technology
· Innovative FULLQ™ analog tone circuit for increased dynamics and harmonics
· 8" high power Celestion speaker
· Only 19 pounds and small enough to carry on a plane
· Big, full sound with a wide range of tone from crystal clear clean to rich, warm overdrive
· Full featured professional amp that can play any sized gig
· Optional 6-function foot controller for instant access to several tonal variations
Quilter amps are designed and assembled in Costa Mesa, California with all major parts sourced locally. The amp’s retro style harkens back to the golden age of radio while modern touches like the back-lit control panel give it a look that is unique and attractive.
Veteran musician Allan Holdsworth and rising star Nathan James have selected the MicroPro 200 for their current tours. The Quilter Labs Forum displays many grateful notes from working musicians lauding the amp’s amazing performance and how it surprises their band mates with its huge tube-like tone from such a small box.
The vinyl covered MicroPro 200 Touring model retails for $899 and the hand-finished, hardwood cabinet model, the MicroPro200 Studio is priced at $1099. These amps and their accessories can be purchased directly from the Quilter online store at quilterlabs.com.