Pearl's Masterworks Series is seeing some hardware upgrades and changes for 2004. These changes include:
- BRL Bridge lugs featuring a pivot arm that replaces the traditional swivel nut for improved tension rod alignment. This ensures head seating and even tuning, regardless of the type of hoop or heads being used.
- Masterworks also features newly designed SP-300 spurs with bridge-type brackets that promote maximum resonance via minimal shell contact. They also keep stability to a maximum with large rubber feet that keep your bass drum firmly anchored
- Floor toms feature the all new LB-200 Bridge Leg bracket with a clam shell clamping system that provides stability while promoting extreme resonance from the shell.
- Masterworks bass drums feature new CW-300 recessed die cast claws with rubber (hoop saving) gaskets to protect the finish of your prized kit.
- A completely redesigned OptiMount Tom Mounting System. It now features a one-piece die-cast BT-3 tom mount that minimizes its overall size without loosing any drum stability. The new slim-line OptiMount is totally finished in glistening chrome and now accommodates 6" diameter toms as well as toms up to 16" in diameter.