For those musicians tired of sterile and cold sounding digital delay units, Hiwatt went back to the classic solution - tape.
The big problem with tape echo units in the past though was reliability. So Hiwatt consulted with a lot of musicians in the L.A. area, worked through a lot of prototypes until everything was right. They even threw in the ability to control the tape speed
- True Bypass
- Compact and light weight
- Free running tape system for minimum wow and flutter
- Continuous/Auto-Stop tape run feature allows longer tape life
- If there is no input signal, the tape stops running, eliminating tape hiss noise and extending tape life.
- Continuous tape play mode is also available.
- 1,500 Millisecond maximum delay time.
- No IC's (integrated circuits) are used in the signal path.
- Minimum use of transistors and F.E.T. transistors for noiseless, clear, and unique tape echo tone.
- Transposable pitch/Tape speed controllable by optional expression pedal.
- Echo On/Off or Hold controllable by optional footswitch.
- Rack Mount attachment "ears" included.
- See-through top window. (Visible tape run)
- Input: 1/4" Phone jack- 1 front, 1 rear
- Input level: -50dB or --10dB
- Output 1/4"Phone jack. (1 x -40dB, 1 x --10dB)
- Footswitch: 1/4" phone jack, 1 for latch switch (Echo On/Off, Record On/Off)
- Pedal: 1/4" TRS phone jack, use volume pedal with 10K Ohm potentiometer only.
- Controls: Input volume, Echo volume, Repeat control, Delay time control,
- Echo mode switch, Footswitch mode change switch, Power switch, Auto stop switch,
- Direct mix switch.
- Delay time: 1500 Milliseconds.
- Heads: 1 Erase, 1 Record, 1 Short echo playback, 1 Long echo playback.
- Motor: D.C. servo motor.
- Power: DC15 VAC 100V-120V, 50/60Hz.
- Power consumption: 6mA
- Dimensions: (W)10 1/4" -- 260mm (With pack mount ears-19" -- 480mm), (H)x 1 3/4" -- 44mm, x (D) 7 3/16" -- 181mm.
- Weight: 4 lbs. -- 1.8 kg (Without Power Adapter)