|(Click for a close-up)|
TASCAM has announced the long-awaited new version of GigaStudio -- GigaStudio 3.0. This new version, a from-the-ground-up rewrite of the original application, adds dozens of new features for composers, sound designers and music producers.
Available in three versions -- Orchestra, Ensemble and Solo -- it offers up to unlimited polyphony, 96kHz/24-bit sample support, ReWire support, VST FX, and GigaPiano 2, real-time convolution and a new look and feel.
GigaStudio 3 adds a list of new features designed to make music production easier while producing the most authentic sampled instruments ever created.
- Unlimited Polyphony -- in GigaStudio 3 Orchestra, dependant on hard drive speed. 160 voice polyphony in GS3 Ensemble, 96 voices in GS3 Solo
- VST Plug-In support -- use your favorite effects in GigaStudio
- Rewire support -- GigaStudio now provides virtual MIDI and audio connections between a sequencer and GS3
- 24-bit sample support -- a new dimension of detail, without affecting polyphony
- 96kHz sample support -- load 24-bit/96kHz instruments for increased realism
- Expanded mixer -- now supports 128 channels and 32 fader groups
- Quick Edit -- by popular demand, edit real time parameters on the fly
- New User Interface look and feel -- a modern overhaul to the look of GigaStudio for improved workflow and usability
- Intelligent MIDI -- Legato, Alternation, Random modes and more
- Sample Recording -- Now the premier sample player can record samples, not just play them back. New GSIF 2.0-compatible soundcards now support input as well as output for recording or processing directly into GigaStudio
- Kernel-level MIDI -- Our new MIDI input technology virtually eliminates latency and reduces jitter on the incoming MIDI data
- Convolution Surround placement -- using a native version of GigaPulse with extra channels for surround
- GigaPulse -- This processor models the resonance of a space, microphone or instrument body for the most realistic sampled instruments ever. A playback-only version, GigaPulse SP, is included with Orchestra, Ensemble and Solo. GigaPulse Pro is included with GigaStudio 3 Orchestra, and offers the ability to create your own reverb impulses and add them to instruments.
GigaStudio also retains the features of earlier versions:
- Streaming samples -- only GigaStudio allows you to load samples over 4GB, for the most realistic instruments possible
- Sound Libraries -- Some samplers attempt to convert and load GS instruments, but lose articulations, sound quality and big sample sizes
- Runs on inexpensive PC hardware
- Quicksound -- rapid instrument searching of your hard drive
- Articulations -- switch playing techniques by pressing a key, allows for highly authentic phrasing and performance
- Low latency -- kernel-level processing give GigaStudio low latency