Akai has announced the most powerful MPC ever - the MPC4000. This is the first MPC to integrate a full feature sampler, based on Akai's Z-96 sampling engine, and provides 24-bit audio with sampling rates up to 96kHz.
The MPC4000 can access Z-Series and S-Series multi, program, and sample files for instant access to a huge library of material. The MPC4000 uses .wav as its native sample format so you have even more options when it comes to importing and sharing data. When your work is complete, you can save all sequences, songs, samples, programs, and multis into a single Project file.
When working with your samples, the MPC4000 offers graphical editing of waveforms as well as graphical sequence event editing. Samples can be auditioned directly from hard disk so you don't need to load them up first, and there's even virtual sampling which streams sample playback direct from hard disc, conserving RAM.
- 64-voices, or 32 voices at 96kHz sample rate
- 16 MB on-board memory, expandable to 512 MB
- Balanced stereo XLR-1/4-inch TRS combo inputs with reference-grade preamps, with switchable phono inputs to allow direct connection of turntables
- Four MIDI OUT ports - control up to 64 independent MIDI channels
- Four Q-Link knobs, and two note variation sliders for real-time modulation control
- 192 filters/26 filter types with to 3 simultaneous filters per voice
- 4-channel 56-bit effects processor
- Dual independent LFOs with internal/external modulation control
- Real-time control of filter cutoff, resonance, pitch, LFO rate and depth - and more
- FAT32 disk format is fully compatible with S5000,S6000, Z4, Z8, DPS24, and most PC's
- Internal IDE hard drive (standard in North America Only) plus external SCSI connection
- Built-in CD Recorder ( standard in North America Only) for master archiving or Sample Loading
- Built-in sample rate converter on the digital input
- Large 320 x 240, multi-angle graphic LCD
- Two assignable footswitch inputs
- Wordclock input for sync with external digital devices (optional)
- USB host port accommodates USB floppy, CD-R, HD, MO, ZIP drives for storage, and an ASCII keyboard for naming
- USB slave port provides for ak.Sys Network and Control System software
- ak.Sys Control & Networking software enables Mac and PC connection via on-board USB interface
- Six pad banks provide quick access to up to 96 different sounds
- SMPTE I/O Standard
- Memory meters display remaining free sampler memory, sequence memory and CPU memory
MSRP on the MPC4000 is $3999. Two special configurations are also offered; the MPC4000 Studio A (MSRP: $4399), which adds the IB48P board for 8 additional outputs, and the MPC4000 Studio D (MSRP: $4649), which extends the base unit with the IB-4D board for 2-channel S/PDIF I/O and IB4ADT board for 2-in/8-out ADAT I/O.