The latest addition to our Moogerfooger family of effects
What is it?? It's an analog BBD based chorus flanger w/ Tap Tempo modulation for guitar players, and extensive MIDI control for keyboardists, recording, etc. This new Moogerfooger takes the Chorus/Flanger to a completely new level, significantly expands the musician's sonic palette; and is CV as well as MIDI controllable.
This will be a limited availability product. The MF-108M Cluster Flux uses BBD (Bucket Brigade Device) chips that were specifically designed for the short delay times associated with chorus / flanger type effects. But like all BBD devices (e.g. the MF-104 Analog Delay) the availability of this chip is very limited. We are constantly looking for more supply but as with the MF-104, the supply will be limited by chip availability.
We expect to begin shipping in late summer. Image is attached. We will be running an inside back-page ad in Guitar Player in the month of August. A PDF of the ad copy is attached.
· The Cluster Flux provides warm, great sounding analog chorus / flanger / vibrato effects. In addition, it has a much wider (and wilder) range of modulated delay line effects than traditional chorus / flangers due to the extended range of front panel controls, the multi-waveform LFO, and the extensive CV and MIDI control.
· The LFO has six waveforms. Use sine or triangle for classic chorus flanger effects. Check out the Sample and Hold, Square, Sawtooth, and Ramp for radical new sounds. There are no analog chorus / flangers that have a sample and hold capability
· In Flange mode, you adjust the delay time from approx. .6 to 10 milliseconds. In Chorus mode, from approx. 5 to 50 milliseconds.
· The Feedback control is continuously bi-polar for both non-inverted and inverted feedback for flanging with even or odd harmonics.
· The MF-108M has both input drive and output level control so you can use it from instrument to line level.
· Parameters are MIDI controllable and the MF-108M will ship with an application editor for managing the array of possibilities. Just one example of the many applications: Control the delay time with MIDI notes for "tuned" flanger comb-filter effects.
· There's a Feedback Insert jack on the back for external processing of just the wet signal just after the BBD's.
· The design includes high voltage MN3007 BBD's for their superior headroom and excellent signal to noise ratio.