|(Click for a close-up)|
Karma Lab has released KARMA MW Software version 1.0 for Mac and Windows. As the "MW" in the name indicates, this version is dedicated to the Korg Karma Music Workstation. Karma owners can now edit all 400+ parameters of a GE (Generated Effect). These parameters are mostly hidden in the Karma Music Workstation, with a maximum of 16 being available, but you can view and edit all of them using the software, along with the Performance parameters associated with each KARMA Module. Other features include:
- Graphical editing and creation of Drum Patterns, Rhythm Patterns, Duration Patterns, Index Patterns, Cluster Patterns, Velocity Patterns, CC Patterns, Envelopes, and more.
- Create new GEs, and edit existing GEs into new configurations. Download the GEs to the Karma Music Workstation via MIDI SysEx Dump, or via export to floppy disk.
- Import phrases and drum grooves from the Karma's internal sequencer, or from any SMF source (such as external sequencers) and transform them into KARMA GEs.
- Import Triton arpeggios and convert them to KARMA GEs. Automatically assigns GE Parameters and Knobs and Switches for instant interactivity going far beyond the original arps.
- Popup "tooltips" and instant access to the applicable sections of online Help provide comprehensive documentation of the powerful features.
- Captivating visual display of the MIDI data being generated in real-time.
- Operate the KARMA Software as an additional 4 modules at the same time as the Karma Keyboard -- it's like having two Karma's at once.
List price is $149 online, but some Korg Distributors are bundling the software with new Korg Karma purchases, and may also be making it available to their customers for less.