Modern Drummer has announced the final lineup of performers, educators, and sponsors as well as several exclusive new activities for the Modern Drummer Festival™ 2010, which is scheduled to take place on May 22, 2010, in Montclair, New Jersey. In addition to two mid-morning master classes and six afternoon clinic/performances by the world's leading drum artists, the upcoming event will also include a daylong schedule of group hand-drumming sessions. Plus, all Festival ticket holders will receive a free commemorative T-shirt and a CD containing digital files of catalogs, audio and video content, educational material, and Web links from participating drum companies. Ticket holders will also be eligible to participate in random drawings for thousands of dollars worth of door prizes from Festival sponsors, highlighted by the giveaway of Festival artist Chris Pennie's complete drumset (provided by Mapex, Sabian, and Evans). The day's main-stage schedule features:
- Shawn Pelton (Saturday Night Live) and Diablo, courtesy of Drum Workshop, Zildjian, Remo, Vater, Rhythm Tech, and LP.
- Stanton Moore (Galactic) and the Stanton Moore Trio, courtesy of Gretsch, Bosphorus, Remo, Vic Firth, LP, DW Hardware, and PureSound.
- Benny Greb (artist/educator), courtesy of Sonor, Meinl, Remo, Pro-Mark, PureSound, and Hudson Music.
- Chris Pennie (Coheed & Cambria, Return To Earth, Fight Mannequins), courtesy of Mapex, Sabian, Evans, Vater, and PureSound.
- Shannon Forrest (Faith Hill/Nashville studio), courtesy of Yamaha, Paiste, Remo, and Regal Tip.
- Adam Deitch (drummer/producer), courtesy of Tama, Zildjian, Evans, Vater, and PureSound.
Festival 2010 master class instructors include:
Daniel Glass (Royal Crown Revue), courtesy of DW, Bosphorus, Aquarian, and Vic Firth.
Chris Coleman (Prince, Chaka Khan, NKOTB, Bootsy Collins), courtesy of Sonor, Meinl, Evans, Vic Firth, PureSound, Hudson Music, and Drummers Collective.
A variety of hand-drumming activities, including general drum circles, kids' drum circles, and group lessons, will take place throughout the day in an area adjacent to the theater, sponsored by Tycoon Percussion and facilitated by community drumming specialists Dancing Drum. No experience is required, and the hand-drumming sessions are free of charge and open to all Festival ticket holders as well as to the general public. The 20th edition of the world-renowned Modern Drummer Festival™ will be held on May 22, 2010, in the Memorial Auditorium on the campus of Montclair State University in Montclair, New Jersey-just outside New York City. Advance tickets as well as further information on the event, artists, and sponsors are available online or at 973-239-4140.