Inside the Les Paul Classic How "Traditional" is the "Classic"? Let's find out. ...
FabFilter has released updates for all plug-ins, adding great new features
to the Pro-Q EQ plug-in and the Timeless 2 delay plug-in, next to general
improvements and bug fixes. New in FabFilter Pro-Q are an intelligent solo
mode, a notch filter type and spectrum analyzer improvements, while FabFilter
Timeless 2 has got a new wide interface layout option. Finally, all effect
plug-ins now support the Pro Tools AudioSuite format, in addition
The updated plug-ins are fully compatible with previous versions, free
for existing FabFilter customers, and now available on all formats and
platforms: VST/VST 3, AU, RTAS/AS, Windows and Mac OS X, 32-bit and 64-
bit. Updates and 30-day trial versions can be downloaded from
New features and bug fixes in FabFilter Pro-Q:
- Added a notch filter type to cut very narrow bands in the frequency
spectrum. Double-clicking in the bottom of the EQ display creates a
notch band immediately.
- Added an intelligent solo mode for EQ bands. Click and hold the solo
button (in the parameter value display) to enter solo mode for the
current EQ band. Now, you don't hear the effect of the EQ band itself,
but instead you will hear the part of the frequency spectrum that is
being affected by that band. Of course, the frequency range depends on
the frequency and Q settings, and is visualized in the display as
- Improved the built-in spectrum analyzer with smoother curves, a
combined Pre+Post mode and customizable resolution and speed settings,
accessible via the Analyzer drop-down menu in the bottom bar of the
- Added a 3 dB display range, useful for mastering purposes.
- Added a small output level and clipping indicator in the bottom bar.
- Improved the EQ display's rollover behavior: the parameter value
display is now shown much earlier when you approach an EQ curve point,
making it easier to view the band's settings and use the new solo
- Fixed possible audible "plops" when selecting a different filter shape
in an EQ band.
- Fixed bug when Shift-dragging multiple selected points: this could
accidentally deselect some of the points.
New features in FabFilter Timeless 2:
- Added a new "wide" layout for the interface that eliminates scrolling
in the component display in the top half of the plug-in. The resize
button in the lower-right corner of the interface chooses between
normal and wide layouts.
- You can now change the default value of the Dry Enabled parameter,
simply by clicking Options > Save As Default in the presets menu. This
is useful for example if you always happen to use Timeless 2 as a send
Other new features and bug fixes:
- In addition to the RTAS format, all effect plug-ins are now also
available in the AudioSuite format for Pro Tools.
- All plug-ins are now Unicode-aware and correctly handle international
characters on both Windows and Mac OS X, for example in preset folders
and file names.
- Improved the way parameter values with custom ranges and transforms
are shown by Audio Unit hosts and Pro Tools (e.g. for automation
- Added a Deauthorize option to the plug-in's Help menu, which makes it
easy to delete your license key from a computer if needed.
- In Twin 2 and Timeless 2: fixed bug that could cause the XLFO to run
out of sync after a while.
- In Twin 2 and Timeless 2: fixed bug that caused the XLFO Phase Offset
parameter to work incorrectly in combination with random steps. Also
improved sonic behavior when dragging the phase offset across its
- In Twin 2 and Timeless 2: Improved mouse wheel scrolling and editing
- In Pro-C and Pro-L: It's now possible to enter positive values in the
parameter value display for knobs with a negative-only range (like
Threshold or Output Level). So for example, typing "0.3" will also
result in "-0.3 dB".
- Fixed incorrect redrawing in the plug-in interface that could occur in
some cases in Pro Tools on Mac, for example when selecting <factory
default> from the Pro Tools-provided presets menu in the plug-in
- Fixed bug that caused the help file to open only in the first instance
of the plug-in.
System requirements for the 64-bit plug-ins are a 64-bit edition of
Windows Vista or Windows 7, or Mac OS X 10.6 (Intel only). The 32-bit
plug-ins require either Windows XP, Vista or 7, or Mac OS X 10.4 and
higher (PowerPC or Intel).