|(Click for a close-up)|
MODE 1.0, a set of five unique instrument and effect plug-ins for Mac OS X designed by CreativeSynth Development, is being demonstrated at the 2004 Winter NAMM Convention in Anaheim, California. The package includes three instruments and two effects units for VST, Audio Units and RTAS host applications that integrate features and performance controls typically found in rack-mount and workstation hardware.
The MODE collection includes:
- BANG: A single-voice percussion module that combines sample playback, FM synthesis, and analog modeling drum synthesis for sounds ranging simple emulation to outrageous percussive hybrids.
- MONO: A monophonic synthesizer that combines the ease of use and warm filter effects of an analog synthesizer with the control and clarity of an FM engine, for an instrument that is equally at home in the studio or on stage.
- POLY: A versatile polyphonic synthesizer loosely based on classic DCO synths. POLY uses waveforms sampled from some of the most popular vintage digital and analog instruments and features a unique polyphonic arpeggiator.
- SPIN: A rhythm-based effects processor that features a state-variable filter, panning effects, rhythmic gating, delay, distortion and bit-reduction for sounds that range from subtle modification to extreme abuse.
- WASH: A unique new effects processor built around an interconnected network of 6 fully-controllable recirculating delay lines. More than a mere effect, WASH is an instrument in its own right--capable of anything from simple multi-tap delay textures to hour-long walls of morphing feedback.
Price and Availability:
MODE has a suggested retail price of $199 and will be available for purchase from Cycling '74 or its retail dealers in the first quarter of 2004.