|(Click for a close-up)|
Camel Audio has released an update to Cameleon 5000, their additive morphing synthesizer. Cameleon allows you to analyze sampled sounds, and morph between them in order to create new instruments.
Cameleon 5000 Version 1.2 adds:
- The ability to import any BMP image for Metasynth-like sound design capabilities
- Much improved morph timeline for better rythmic sequences and evolving pads
- A new and improved preset library with more than 600 factory presets
- Preset envelopes for the morph timeline and formant filter
- An improved interface for much greater ease of use
- Improved sound quality including a higher quality reverb algorithm
- Additional improvements include variable amounts of harmonization, ability to transpose patches by up to 3 octaves, copy/paste functionality, improved analysis and bug fixes
Cameleon 5000 is available in Win VST, Mac OS X VST and Audio Unit versions, and is priced at $199 (159 euro). A free demo is available.