|(Click for a close-up)|
Exclusively available for VENUE systems, Digidesign has introduced the Drawmer TourBuss plug-in suite. Designed with the live sound engineer in mind, Drawmer TourBuss offers four dynamics plug-ins that retain the layout and emulate the sound of Drawmer's DS201 Noise Gate and DL241 Auto-Compressor hardware units.
Drawmer TourBuss includes:
- Noise Gate -- Modeled after the Drawmer DS201 (the world's first "frequency-conscious" noise gate), the TourBuss Noise Gate performs and sounds like the original hardware unit.
- Compressor/Limiter -- Combining aspects of both ratio-style and soft-knee compressors, the TourBuss Compressor/Limiter is equally adept at creative work and unobtrusive level control.
- Expander -- The TourBuss Expander features advanced capabilities -- such as soft ratio settings -- that are designed to overcome problems encountered by typical expanders when trying to distinguish between low-level sounds and background noise.
- Bracketing Filter -- With low and high 12 dB-per-octave filters, the TourBuss Bracketing Filter provides an easy way to remove unwanted frequencies that bleed into the source, without having to use a more complicated, resource-hungry equalizer.
- Easy Integration -- The Drawmer TourBuss suite integrates easily into the VENUE environment, providing control of all of the plug-ins directly from the D-Show console's surface. The Compressor/Limiter and Gate, for example, can be controlled from the central D-Show Assignable Channel Section. Because the TourBuss plug-ins share the same standard controls as the built-in D-Show dynamics (including threshold, attack, etc.), moving back and forth between the built-in effects and the Tourbuss plug-ins is straightforward.
The Drawmer TourBuss suite is available only through the DigiStore (store.digidesign.com).