Ableton has released Live 2.1, a new free update of their award-winning sequencing instrument. Live 2.1 brings full ReWire support to Windows, Mac OS 9 and now Mac OS X. The software update is now available as a free download for registered Live 2 users.
New Features include:
- Live 2.1 integrates seamlessly with Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Digital Performer and Reason. This update completes Live's full ReWire implementation as a ReWire Master and ReWire Slave application under Windows, Mac OS 9 and now Mac OS X.
- Live 2.1 adds multi-channel audio input and output support for the entire range of Digidesign's renowned audio hardware, via Direct I/O, on Mac OS 9, Mac OS X and Windows.
- On the Macintosh, Live 2.1 supports samples in Sound Designer II format.
- Under OS X, Live's user interface has been optimized for better performance.
- A PDF version of the updated Live Owner's Manual in English, French and German is included with the software.
Live 2.1 for Mac OS 9, Mac OS X, and Windows is now available in stores worldwide and in the Ableton Webshop for EUR/US$ 399 (MSRP). Registered Live 2 Users can now download the free update to Live 2.1 at www.ableton.com/downloads.