Big Lou Guitars develops the Big Lou Wide Nut guitar with extra wide fretboards and nuts to accommodate those with bigger hands and fingers. The wider string spacing offers generous room for easier playability and accuracy.
Serial inventor/entrepreneur, Louis Carroll stumbled across the idea four months into beginning guitar lessons. After struggling with the limited width of standard fretboards and the narrow spacing between strings, Carroll set out to design an affordable, feature packed electric guitar to accommodate those with bigger hands and fingers – an ideal guitar to suit his playing needs.
One other feature that appears on the Big Lou Wide Nut guitars is the Pinky Slot. This is a slotted groove cut directly into the pick guard to improve picking accuracy and provide a point of reference for the player's right hand.
Features of the Big Lou Wide Nut Guitar include:
• 1 7/8" (47.625mm) nut width
• .315" (8mm) string spacing
• Pinky Slot • Basswood solid body
• Maple bolt-on neck Rosewood fretboard
• Jumbo 2.7mm frets
• Floating tremolo system with locking nut (chrome)
• H/S/S one humbucker, two single coil pickup configuration with coil split switch
• One volume, two tone controls
• 5-way pickup selector switch
• Aluminum foil shielding on all electrical components
• Available colors: Sunburst, Midnight, Royal Blue, Red Velvet and Ghost
To test the waters, Carroll displayed at the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) trade show this past June and received enough praise from attendees that production runs are now underway to insure delivery of Holiday sales inventory.
Big Lou Guitars is actively seeking dealers and distributors. To learn more about the line, please visit http://www.biglouguitar.com