NAMM Videos

Phil O'Keefe

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[video=youtube;fa9xCTrvVys]

Is your Gear Secure? Gearsecure wants to help make it much more so… a very small unit is installed into your instrument and is invisible… but if it's stolen, it can be tracked. Cost is about twenty bucks a year for the service - that's cheap insurance if it gets your stolen guitar back!

In the "does it come with a laser?" category, Aston Microphones is showing off their new Starlight condenser microphone… and yes, it really does come with a laser. Frankly, I can't believe someone didn't think of this already - the laser can be used to insure pinpoint "aim" of the mic, and it makes it much easier to get the mic back into the exact same position at a later date - just take a picture of the mic and the spot where the laser is hitting… :idea:

Yes, I've already let them know I want to borrow a set and do a review. Stay tuned.

[video=youtube;0b7yB9DZU-c]

IK Multimedia's original iRig Acoustic (click here to check out my review) has been taken a step further with the introduction of IK Multimedia iRig Acoustic Stage, which makes it easier to mix in some of your built-in piezo pickup along with the signal from iRig Acoustic if you want to, and makes on-stage use more practical. It sounded pretty darned good too.

[video=youtube;P2L4PpFlnmU]

Here's a couple more videos - First we'll start with the 2017 Gibson Acoustics. I had the opportunity to try one of the vintage line (the J-45) with the thermally aged top… and it really does seem to make a difference for the better in the tone… they sound like sweet old guitars. I was amazed by how light it was too.

[video=youtube;sweslYgcsPI]

I also got the rundown about Gibson Custom. It looks like Matt at Gibson Custom needs to lay off the blueberries…

[video=youtube;EsIagLrilu8]

After 30 years Fender has retired the American Standard series and replaced it with the new Fender American Professional Series. What's different and new? Click play and find out!

[video=youtube_share;2SOhaCkHmuU]

Their basses also were updated...

[video=youtube_share;Od_26WN8gik]

Looks like Dendy and or Craig ran into Mike Huckabee. I haven't seen him yet this year but I did a few years ago… and unlike what I typically expect from politicians (and whether or not you agree with him politically) he came across as a very nice, friendly guy who's really into music and gear.

[video=youtube_share;IIP_MwzjQ8c]

Archived