NAMM soon ! We need a rumor thread.

bieke

• Members

Welp, not a lot of rumors floating around.

Anybody know something ? Got any hints ? Speculations ?

Post them here ...

INTERRUPTION FROM YOUR NORMAL RADIO BROADCAST... BIEKE PUT TOGETHER THIS EPIC THREAD, MUCH OF WHICH WAS TEMPORARILY LOST WHEN OUR BACKUP SERVER WENT DOWN. FROM POST 28 ON, WE WILL BE POSTING HIS (AND OTHER COMMUNITY MEMBERS') POSTS WITHOUT ATTRIBUTION (IT WOULD BE TOO DIFFICULT AND DISRUPTIVE TO INTERFERE WITH INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNTS TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN).

PLEASE NOTE THIS CONTENT IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE AWESOME CONTRIBUTIONS OF THE COMMUNITY.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

• limited edition Korg ARP 2600 synth
  • new RoOland accessory line, but rumor has it Roland will also have some new additions to the AIRA system
  • Arturia has a new mono synth The MatrixBrute.
  • new bass heads from Darkglass Electronics, Genzler Amplification; improved tube DI from Baer Amplification
  • Godin Dorchester short scale bass
  • Z-VEx monolith power supply
  • ESP is releasing 2 fanned-fret 1000-series basses.
  • Floyd Rose has a new retrofit non-locking vibrato system for Strat-style guitars: the Rail Tail Non-Locking Tremolo.
  • Fender will show their new Bassbreaker amp range
  • Ernie Ball Music Man has new StingRay and Cutlass guitars
  • Moog will announce some kind of Eurorack modules

• Members

• Yamaha Motif replacement is coming. Its called the Montage.
  • Minimoog Model D
  • a new Roland sampler with built-in modes modelled on classic samplers including the E-mu SP-1200 and Emaxes, the Ensoniq Mirage and the Roger Linn-era Akai MPCs
  • Rossum Electro-Music -Dave Rossum was one of the founders of E-mu- will be at NAMM, with a range of Eurorack modules

[*]a new Roland sampler with built-in modes modelled on classic samplers including the E-mu SP-1200 and Emaxes, the Ensoniq Mirage and the Roger Linn-era Akai MPCs

If it had disk / file format / library compatibility with all of those, it might be very interesting. Heck, they could start with their own samplers / samples that used the 2.8" "Quick Disk" (sic) format.

• Members

yeah, somebody at gearslutz mentioned he'd seen this new Roland sampler already. Another rumor is that Roland are planning something new based on the classic Space Echo series. The officially licensed Space Echo plugin for Universal Audio’s UAD platform quietly disappeared from the range a few months ago, so that triggeered the speculations there might be something new on the way. The RE-201 is set to be inducted into the TECnology Hall of Fame at NAMM . Maybe Roland will release an official plugin emulation or even a Space Echo-inspired model in the AIRA range, perhaps incorporating the company’s new Analog Circuit Behavior modelling techniques ...

• Members

C.F. Martin & Co., Inc. Celebrates the 100th Anniversary of the Iconic Martin Dreadnought with Two New Limited Edition Models :

the D-222 Anniversary Edition and D-28 John Lennon 75th Anniversary Edition (yours for 11.999,- $). The two limited edition models pay homage to the highly influential instrument which shaped the sound of American music.

Martin Guitar will also be showcasing two beautiful new models in its successful Authentic Series, the 000-42 Authentic 1939 and the 00-18 Authentic 1931, as well as a stunning new limited edition Custom Shop model, the CS-OM True North-16

• Members

Hi,

This is not secret in any way but still very interesting.

At Winter NAMM 2015, I saw this new cool product called Revpad, a wireless, multi effects processor for guitar, and was amazed at what they did musically with it. Honestly, this is a product that can take guitar a step further in the hand of an open minded player. I included it in both my NAMM report:

http://nermark.com/reports/NAMM_Wint...inter_2015.htm

and in the Hall E Crawl at 24:23:

[video=youtube;lXhdvkHgO2c]

The good people at GTC Sound innovations, the company behind the Revpad, saw this and contacted me about this coming NAMM where they will display the present version of the product.

AND .....

here's a cool thing. There's a survey! They need your help in making this product amazing! Your answers to this survey will help shape this product, and as a token of gratitude each participant who completes the survey will receive a T Shirt.

Survey to be found here:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GTC-REVPAD

Cheers,

Mats N

• Members

just saw this posted by Zach Vex on facebook : I wish I could post coherent pictures of what I've been doing for the last 5 days. Soon I'll post pics of my candle-powered pedal. It's quite the contraption. And it's still a work in progress, with the NAMM deadline weighing heavy.

• Members

I think I heard someone say he read that to celebrate Tascam's 45th anniversary, they're bringing out a limited edition 2" eight track tape machine called the 82-8. Only sold through three dealers and not sold to anyone under the age of 60. Street price projected at $82,000. Target markets are baby boomer doctors, lawyers, silicon valley execs, Paul Allen, and astronauts.

I think I also heard the same guy or his sister mention that as a special treat to celebrate Teac's 63rd anniversary, a limited run, exact-to-the-original-spec series of A-3340s are also being released. Those will be sold everywhere and have no age limit. Street price is projected to be $34,000. Target market for the 3340s are to anyone who likes to watch things spin.

I think I heard someone say he read that to celebrate Tascam's 45th anniversary' date=' they're bringing out a limited edition 2" eight track tape machine called the 82-8.[/quote']

As someone who has owned a couple of 80-8's over the years, such a beast would actually interest me. :)

Only sold through three dealers and not sold to anyone under the age of 60.

Drats. Maybe I could pass for 60+?

Street price projected at $82,000.

Drats - foiled again! Way too much for my budget.

Target markets are baby boomer doctors, lawyers, silicon valley execs, Paul Allen, and astronauts.

I don't qualify under any of those categories. Drats! Denied three times in one post. :mad2:;)

Archived