No announcement yet.

The Summer NAMM Orgy of Pedals

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Summer NAMM Orgy of Pedals

NAMM was filled with pedal companies - there were probably more 9V batteries represented on the show floor than at all of the CVS pharmacies in Cleveland. Let's drool over some of the pix...

NUX had their pedal line, but also introduced the compact Cerberus multieffects that got a Best of Show award - it even has an IR loader for all you "I don't want to carry a cabinet around" people. This kind of compact multieffects strip seems to be the up-and-coming floor box format.

Click image for larger version

Name:	125835
Views:	1
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	32020731

Name:	125836
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	32020732

N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Lunastone picked up some employees from TC Electronic after the company was bought by The Music Group. You can definitely see the TC influence in these two new overdrive pedals.

Name:	125837
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	32020739
    N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Comment

MXR showed several pedals at the show, but the one that got the most attention was the Carbon Copy Deluxe.

Name:	125838
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	32020745

Name:	125839
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	32020746

Comment

Dwarfcraft can always be counted on for interesting, and from time to time disturbing, pedals...and right on cue, at Summer NAMM they introduced a new delay-based pedal called "The Curse."

Name:	125844
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	32020824

Comment

Coppersound had plenty of pedals. My favorite is still the Morse code key signal interruptor in the upper left.

Name:	125845
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	32020830
          Last edited by Anderton; 07-18-2017, 03:25 PM.

Comment

There was also a fine display of pedals by Walrus Audio. You gotta love that artwork, but their main introduction was the ARP-87 delay.

Name:	125861
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	32020928

Name:	125847
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	32020837
            Last edited by Anderton; 07-18-2017, 04:17 PM.

Comment

The Swedish company Elektron doesn't just make outstanding synthesizers and drum machines, but also a nifty analog distortion generator called Analog Drive.

Name:	125848
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	32020850

Comment

TC Electronic had their current line of pedals...and Polytune 3 now has a built-in buffer.

Name:	125849
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	32020859

Comment

In a world where pedal companies seem to want to outdo each other's artwork, Lounsberry is a real contender. I also like that they make several pedals specifically for keyboards.

Name:	125850
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	32020867

Comment

BOSS showed the MS-3 Multi Effects Switcher, which combines a multieffects engine with a switcher so it's easy to put together a custom effects setup.

Name:	125851
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	32020897

BOSS also showed the RV-500 Reverb floor pedal...

Name:	125852
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	32020898

...the MD-500 Modulation pedal...

Name:	125853
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	32020899

...and for bass players, the GT-1B Bass Effects Processor.

Name:	125854
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	32020900

Comment

If you saw a pedal named Atomic Cock, you'd probably figure it was from Daredevil pedals...and you'd be right.

Name:	125855
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	32020908
                      Last edited by Anderton; 07-18-2017, 04:00 PM.

Comment

This one isn't about a pedal, but an accessory for your pedal: Wingman. You pull off your existing knob, put on the Wingman (the little white thingies attached to the pedals in the picture), and then use your foot to push against the "wings" to change your knob setting.

Name:	125856
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	32020912

Comment

Italian company Dolphins Sound showed their "Three Naked Men" collection - Nettuno Fuzz, David Distortion, and Perseo Boost.

Name:	125857
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	32020916

Name:	125858
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	32020917

Comment

Valeton was another company that embraced the multieffects "strip" processor. At the show, they introduced the Dapper pedal with Reverb, Preamp, and Compression.

Name:	125859
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	32020921

Comment

Henretta Engineering showed their "less is more" line of compact pedals.

Name:	125860
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	32020924

Comment

Working...
                              X