No announcement yet.

Alesis HD 24

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alesis HD 24

I have a Alesis HD 24 in the studio. And I acquired another Alesis HD 24 today. I plan on using one for live recording and one in the studio. I reformatted the hard drives from the one I acquired. Tried to see if the hd 24 in the studio would recognize the hard drives, it did not. A 'Invalid Format" came up.And both are the same HD 24. The idea was to be able to record live,then swap out caddies from the live hd 24 to the studio hd 24,to begin mixing and master. Is there way to do that? Am I missing a step here? Any ideas or info would be great! Thanks
    Last edited by 2lonelyrocker; 01-23-2015, 12:11 AM.

bump

Comment

Originally posted by 2lonelyrocker View Post
      I have a Alesis HD 24 in the studio. And I acquired another Alesis HD 24 today. I plan on using one for live recording and one in the studio. I reformatted the hard drives from the one I acquired. Tried to see if the hd 24 in the studio would recognize the hard drives, it did not. A 'Invalid Format" came up.And both are the same HD 24. The idea was to be able to record live,then swap out caddies from the live hd 24 to the studio hd 24,to begin mixing and master. Is there way to do that? Am I missing a step here? Any ideas or info would be great! Thanks
      Does the drive work okay in the machine you used to format it? If not, you may have a bad hard drive.

Maybe the issue is with the unit you used to format the drive with. Have you tried going the opposite direction with the formatting? IOW, format using the other machine instead of the one you originally tried, then swap caddies / drives and see if the formatted drive works in the other machine.

Another potential concern might be the operating systems of the two units. Are they both running the latest firmware and software versions? If not, that might be something to look into.

While I don't own a HD24 and have spent very little time with them, doing what you want to do shouldn't be a problem - you should be able to swap drives between the units.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Working...
      X