Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some of the best PC Amp Software to Pair up with a Focusrite Scarlet 2i2

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are some of the best PC Amp Software to Pair up with a Focusrite Scarlet 2i2

I play mostly Blues and Blues Rock
    NashvillePussy

Duesenberg Starplayer TV Outlaw
    Fender Toronado w/Burstbucker Pros
    Fender Highway One Telecaster w/SCs
    Egnater Tweaker
    Blackstar HT 5
    Vox Little Night Train
    Jet City 20
    Hughes &Kettner Tube Meister 18
    WGS Veteran 30 1x12 Cab
    EHX HolyGrail Plus

I think my post was a little bit confusing.

Basically what I want to do is use my Computer as a headphone amp for electric guitar. I have two programs. One that slows down video at same pitch and one that slow down MP3s at same pitch. I want the effected sound of my guitar from the Amp/Effect sim to come out the Headphones as well as well as the sound of the two programs I mentioned above. This is what I want to use to practice. Right now I am using a Line 6 Podxt Red Bean. It allows the sounds from the computer to come out of the headphones attached to it along with the effected sound of the guitar. It is like 10 years old and I thinks it is time for an upgrade especially since I just moved up to Windows 10 and it no longer supports a program where you can control the Pod from your computer screen. That is why I need help with a good setup. Already got the Focusrite Audio Interface now I need to figure out the rest. Thanks
    NashvillePussy

Duesenberg Starplayer TV Outlaw
    Fender Toronado w/Burstbucker Pros
    Fender Highway One Telecaster w/SCs
    Egnater Tweaker
    Blackstar HT 5
    Vox Little Night Train
    Jet City 20
    Hughes &Kettner Tube Meister 18
    WGS Veteran 30 1x12 Cab
    EHX HolyGrail Plus

Comment

There are some things you can do playing through a daw program like importing an MP3 and changing its pitch and speed.
      You can use various DAW plugins to gain the guitar up too. If the program supports video you could play those too, but what you had was a specialty program for a unique purpose. They aren't what you'd call pro recording programs you'd normally use with a recording interface, they were unique to the Line 6 hardware for practicing purposes.

I'd look to see what Line 6 has as a substitute (if any) If they don't have anything you might want to check other manufacturers. IRig makes some practice tools with they're setup. Maybe they have something that's similar. When you upgrade operating systems you should expect some programs to no longer work, especially from an XP system which is completely different then Win 7 and up.

If you were to roll back to an older OS to run that program you have to be sure you have XP drivers for the Focusrite.
      My best suggestion is to move on and simply find new ways of doing things. What you had was unique and finding something else that works
      I'm able to import any song into Sonar Producer and play along with them but other then basic editing, its really not designed for the kind of video playback and/or manipulation you described. Even changing the speed/pitch of music would be a 2 step procedure, doable but not convenient.

Maybe you should check out media players. Winamp used to have all kinds of plugins for manipulating music.
      The problem however is you're running a pro audio interface new. You're not using windows multimedia. A pro interface doesn't like to share its driver with other programs. If you're running one program for one purpose its going to want to claim all the CPU resources. Its not like you can run a media player and a guitar program like Guitar Rig at the same time.

You may be able to hear guitar through the interface at the same time you're using a media player. I'm pretty sure that's what happens with my DAW setup. The Interface inputs are always live. If so you could simply use a hardware solution instead of software plugins to gain your instrument up where you need it and play along to a media player that has the slow down capabilities. Its probably a better solution anyway. There's so much latency trying to use plugins as a hardware substitute, its like playing through an echo unit with no direct sound. You hear everything delayed after picking the strings. Even with the fastest computer there's always some delay. If you use a good gain/multi effect box for guitar you wont have any delay
      Last edited by WRGKMC; 03-08-2017, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• onelife
        onelife commented
        Editing a comment
        non issues when using OS X

There is a free version of Amplitube available from IK Multimedia.

I'm not a PC guy but if Windows 10 allows more than one program at a time to work with your interface (like OS X does) then you should be able to simply run your video slowdown program and your guitar through Amplitube simultaneously.

If Windows limits your ability to run multiple programs at the same time Amplitube allows you to play mp3 files but I'm not sure if it does the slowdown thing.

Best of all, the Custom Shop is FREE

That's right... you can get started for nothing. The AmpliTube Custom Shop desktop app is free, and contains 24 pieces of gear to start. When you download and register/authorize the software, you'll get a fully functioning "standalone" app with a built-in 2-track recorder, plus you get the plug-in version for your favorite DAW. No matter what your computing platform (Mac/Win), you're covered.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitubecs/

As a human being, you come with the whole range of inner possibilities
      from the deepest hell to the highest states.

It is up to you which one you choose to explore

Comment

Working...
      X