No announcement yet.

REVerence on Cubase, suddenly not apparent

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REVerence on Cubase, suddenly not apparent

I'm using Cubase 5 and when I load REVerence, the effect comes up, but there's no picture appearing when I choose a room, like it used to. Which wouldn't be a problem, except there's no reverb either! Everything else displays fine. I've loaded older songs with REverence vocals, and there is no longer reverb present.

Its worth saying that I installed Cubase 6 a few weeks ago before deleting it. I had previously used REVerence before that happened and it has stopped working since, so it could well be that the installation of C6 has effected it?

As it comes built in to Cubase, how do I solve this? Is there a way to singularly remove and then add it back to Cubase?

Perhaps Cubase 6 puts the files in a different location - maybe reinstalling version 5 will get everything to line up again.
    As a human being, you come with the whole range of inner possibilities
    from the deepest hell to the highest states.

It is up to you which one you choose to explore

Comment

Originally posted by onelife View Post
      Perhaps Cubase 6 puts the files in a different location - maybe reinstalling version 5 will get everything to line up again.
      Reinstalling's probably what will end up happening. But that in itself was such a trial, I don't want to go through with it again, so a bit of a last resort for now. I'm deeply frustrated because my stupid layman eyes are looking through all the folders and everything is in its right place. This goes beyond common sense and in to expertise it seems sadly, and I'm not up to scratch.

Comment

Does Cubase have a setting where you can re-scan for VST plugins?

In Reaper it is found under Settings->PlugIns->VST
        As a human being, you come with the whole range of inner possibilities
        from the deepest hell to the highest states.

It is up to you which one you choose to explore

Comment

It has updates under plug-in information, I think that's the same thing. I've tried those options without luck. This is what I mean... https://help.positivegrid.com/hc/en-...21029/cn1w.png
          Last edited by Sheepdog81; 07-30-2016, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Plugins often consist of a single dll. file stored in your plugin file. Some plugins also have a separate folder containing read me files, license codes, GUI pics, presets, Impulse files etc. Give your description, it sounds like the DLL is there because it loads, but you lost your folder that contains the GUI, presets and impulse files.

Whenever I set up a new DAW I copy all of these to a thumb drive and copy them over to the new daws effects folder. Cubase will share these files with other programs that run VST effects or other versions of Cubase.

The problem you are most likely having is you either removed the dll file or the rest of the enhancements for that file. If the effect came with your older version of Cubase, part of it was deleted when you removed the older program. If the effect was a separate download that didn't come with Cubase then its links were destroyed when you removed the program.

Some effects set up links in different parts of the hard drive. The DLL may in your effects folder and the folder for the rest of the info the dll needs to link to in your program menu. I cant tell you for sure because different effects writers place their information in different places. Sometimes you can relink to the missing files if you know where they are. Other times you simply have to reinstall them. If its a non oem plugin you usually get a pop up during the installation with a recommended location where the file is to be installed. You can change where you want it installed.

On my system, I mainly run Sonar, but I have an old version of Cubase on my system where I store most of my dll files. If I open that old file Cubase recognizes them. If I open Sonar, I have a scanner that looks for VST plugins and I have to tell the scanner which folders to look in to find them.

Copying that VST effects folder usually saves me many hours of work. Most of my simple and free plugins will wind up working. The rest I usually have to reinstall, put my license numbers in etc to get them operate. Its a major undertaking. If I'm just upgrading my DAW, I always leave the older DAW on the hard drive. Its not like it takes up allot of space and there are often older plugins that will work on the newer program because it links to the old. Last time I didn't install sonar 4 and I was missing one of my plugins that came with that program.

What you can try is reinstall the older version of Cubase, then do a system restore back before you made the change. It may relink and restore all the plugins they way they used to. Only problem is you may have to reinstall the new program again too. May be more hassle then you want to deal with but sometimes there is obviously no other choice.

Comment

sounds a bit odd, reverence content can be uninstalled on it`s own in the control panel uninstall progs ,see if it`s showing up there or try uninstalling just the content from the control panel , then put your cubase 5 or 6 installation files back in the drive and it should just reload the reverence content again "maybe", both 5 and 6 should be able to co habit on the same pc.
              Consternoon Aftable

Comment

Working...
              X