Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just noticed this forum was here. I luvs Plugins!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just noticed this forum was here. I luvs Plugins!

Until a few weeks ago, I didn't even know what a plugin was. I had seen VSTs but I thought you had to go out and by a POD or something. I use Audacity and I read something about adding extra FX , so I thought I'd give it a shot. Once I figured out where the plug in folder was (never been in my C drive program files before ) , I started giving these things a try. Audacity converts the VSTs into plain looking slide lever things but most of them still work o.k.
    I really like the Tubebay's Marshall/Mesa amp sim and Distorque's MXR distortion pedal.
    I also have Voxengo's Boogex but it's too complicated to get a decent sound.
    As far as vocals, I have the Blockfish fillets package and Easyvox but I'm still looking around for something simple like a vocal version of Tubebaby.
    It's not about money or popularity , although some money would be nice.

Yep, they're fun. Minihost is a program that just acts as a vst host, it doesn't record but you won't have to see everything as simlpe sliders.

Comment

Yep, they're fun. Minihost is a program that just acts as a vst host, it doesn't record but you won't have to see everything as simlpe sliders.

I might give that a try. The sliders aren't that much of a problem, especially when the VSTs come with PDF instructuctions like Tubebaby and the MXR pedal did. The real trick was figuring out how to use the sliders with the gain on -off switch and the multiple cabinet choices. Instead of just moving the slider, I place the curser to the side of the lever and just click from 1 to 2-to 3 etc...
      Sounds simple enough , but for a couple of days I was trying cabinet model 3.68 .
      It's not about money or popularity , although some money would be nice.

Comment

Working...
      X