I need help finding a good VST for me...
I've been looking for a set of FREE VSTs that allow me to get a good Fender tone. It's always hard to describe tones by words, but what I'm looking for are essentially two tones:
1 - A classic fenderish middle-of-the-road overdrive, especially like the Fender Bassman and such provide.
2 - A full creamy clean, like Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight or Dire Straits - You and your friend (ok, this one is on the overdrive field already... but there are many phrases that don't "distort", that's what I'm looking for).
To help figure out my tastes, I can tell a couple of amp sims that provided what I was looking for.
- Amplitube Fender has been the best VST I found for my needs. However, it's a coommercial VST and the demo ran out... The amps I liked the most on AT Fender were the 59 Bassman, the Pro Junior and the Champ.
- I have a Fender Mustang III and the model I like the most is the Bassman simulation too.
- As for the "creamy clean", I have never found any option that convinced me.
In terms of references, here are a couple of songs that have guitar tones around what I want:
Steely Dan - Reelin' in the Years . This is THE tone 1 I'm looking for. It's exactly what I got from the Pro Junior model on AT Fender, with a Fuzz fedal in front of it, I think.
Other tones I like, somewhat around the "classic rock mild overdrive" category too, are:
- ZZ Top - Waitin' for the Bus
- Smithereens - Age of Innocence
- Eric Clapton - Cocaine
So... How should I get tone number 1? How about tone 2? Any towards the right direction will be helpful and appreciated
PS: Amplitube Custom Shop doesn't work on my computer, because my CPU is SSE2 non-compliant
Login or Sign Up
- Log in with