X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preferred Reverb Plug-Ins?

I'm recording an atmospheric rock project and have been using the stock ProTools LE plug-ins. I'm looking for wonderfully spacious, beautiful reverbs alla Sigur Ros and the like. I know they love the Lexicon brand hardware which they have used at constant. Also interested in delays since they work well together for a lot of applications.

Altiverb is the most interesting reverb pug-in I have come across, though its usability seems a bit curvy. Suggestions? Does perhaps lexicon make a good reverb/delay plug-in?

Wow. Ghost town, huh?

Comment

I'm a guitarist of 25 years' experience but green as grass on the ProTools side.  However, in doing some research today I noted that there are Lexicon plug-ins available:  A review:

http://goo.gl/Fytun

Can't speak for other members but this new format is a disincentive to use the forum for me - it may explain the lack of traffic.  So much empty space surrounding so little content.  Lots of small black & white typefaces.  Disappointing.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="5"><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color="DarkOrange">The ORANGE Conglomerate</font></font></font></div>

Comment

• Phil O'Keefe
        Phil O'Keefe commented
        Editing a comment

The Lexicon plugins are actually very nice, and they sound like their hardware units.They're some of the best native algorithmic reverb plugins I've tried. I also really like TL Space, which is a convolution (modeling) reverb plugin.  

Most of the rest of the stuff I am using is HD / TDM only, like Revibe and the Eventide reverb that is part of the Anthology II bundle. They've been slowly porting some of those over to native, one plugin at a time - hopefully they'll get to the reverb eventually.

Working...
    X