1. I need high quality amp simulations to use as a plug-in at a home studio AND in live performances
2. I need a good variety of high quality guitar effects with easily accessible presets
3. I need something that will not crash during live performances
4. I need a way to plug the final output either to a PA (live) or to another amp or monitor (to practice)
5. I need something that lets me change presets easily, preferrably through a foot controller
Right now I am leaning towards Amplitube 3 + Stealthpedal, but I have questions:
1. How performers plug computer effects into the pa in live performances: Do they use Guitar Rig Kontrol/Stealthpedal and plug it directly into the PA or do they use more professional Audio Interfaces
2. If I use an Audio Interface, will I have to use amp sim/FX software as a plug in through a DAW? Doesn't it limit my ability to change presets?
3. Are DAWs reliable enough to use in live performances? (I have Music Creator 6 and I get messages that audio has stopped every now and then, but I am using my laptop audio card, not an external audio interface)
Sorry about the long post, but I have so many questions, I tried to be as brief as possible.