Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easiest Two Camera Editor?

Wow, sure is dead in here  .

I probably asked this same question a couple years ago but my need it for a stupid easy editor that can take the footage from two cameras and edit it together. Just a simple fade from one to the other would be fine with the ability to cut out the dead time between songs, again with a simple fade. Simple titling too. All that fancy crap in the multi-cam capable editors I've seen makes my head hurt LOL. Oh, and it sure would be nice if it can handle MTS files directly or has auto proxy.

I normally have one fixed camera (usually with a board audio feed) opened up to take in the entire stage and a second one I move around for closeups, audience shots, and such. Both are run continuously so there should be no problem syncing them up.

"We Have Met the Enemy and He is Us" - Walt Kelly​

I dove into FCPX. If you can run a DAW, you can probably run FC. $300 if you have the right computer. There will be frustration and heartache. But, so many nice tools ; great syncing, color or reaction/matching cameras, easy titling, nice grading/looks, good transitions, I do 4 camera shoots and multitracked audio music projects with my setup

Comment

• RoadRanger
      RoadRanger commented
      Editing a comment

^ Thanks! But I should have specified "Windows Compatible" - "Yo no hago de Apple"  .

Sony Vegas Studio. Less than $50.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Tim O'Brien</div>

Comment

• RoadRanger
      RoadRanger commented
      Editing a comment

TimOBrien wrote:
      Sony Vegas Studio. Less than $50.

It's not clear if the latest $50 version "Movie Studio Version 13" supports multicam editing, the help system of the trial says it has an option for "take preference" but if you go to that help page there is no mention of it. I also can't find any examples on the web as to how to do it?

• Fiveafterfour
      Fiveafterfour commented
      Editing a comment
      http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.html

Has a free trial version.

SUPER simple, IMO: your imported media is laid out in easily editable left to right reading visualized 'tracks', as if you were working in a multi-track DAW session; all 'tracks' play (unless muted) together when you're view your master take.

Took me all of a half day to go from zero to completed 5 min video incorporating multiple live vid edits, interspersed with screen captured Power Point slides, custom titles, quality looking transitions (fades) and synced mp3 audio (I chose to edit in Audacity, but could have done it in the app.)

Available for Pc and Mac.

Working...
X