Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

GoPro's on stage, worth a try?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoPro's on stage, worth a try?

Had an idea last night.  In addition to doing live multi-track recordings, why not do some basic video services?  Use a few GoPro HD cameras in various spots on the stage to record the band, crowd, etc. and combine it together with the multi-track.  I'd say they make several mounts to clip it to truss, and I've seen a mount that swivels from left to right, which would be nice for center stage.  Anyone ever tried a project like it?

I've done many video projects, some with gopros . Sure, it will work. Some things to think about:
    Go pro cams are super wide angle
    Unless you have the back on them or the wifi feature they are difficult to frame shots with
    You'd have to get on a ladder to start any cam up on truss then just let it run till it dies
    They look poor in weird or low light
    Static wide angle shots can look boring in a hurry
    You need an NLE that can edit and sync multiple camera angles regardless of what camera you choose
    The price of a gopro is not far from a consumer camcorder that has zoom, a better sensor and live view with an LCD screen

With limited cameras I would suggest a wide shot from foh position taking in the whole band then maybe two POV angles to cut to. Then try to collect some B roll shots with a handheld...faces, crowd shots, hands on instruments, behind the drummer, etc. you can cut those into the static shots for interest..

I bought a few very decent consumer 1080p camcorders for low cost video projects. Spent probably $800 on $2k worth of cameras ...on Craigslist.

Comment

Working...
    X