• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free SoundToys Plugin - PrimalTap

Awesome freebie from Soundtoys.

Found it here!

http://www.soundtoys.com/sxsw2014/&rc=232-6436-766
    The great pillars of all government and of social life are virtue, morality, and religion. This is the armor, my friend, and this alone, that renders us invincible... If we lose these, we are conquered, fallen indeed . . . so long as our manners and principles remain sound, there is no danger

Patrick Henry

Need to set up and account with them, and it requires an iLoc key. No thanks
    I doubt it will sound better than many free ones.
    Something like Voxengo Tempo Delay is hard to beat for sound quality and flexibility.
    I have a dozens different echoes and it comes closest to sounding tape like
    plus its stereo with separate controls for each side, something that's essential in getting a big soundscape.

http://www.voxengo.com/product/tempodelay/

Comment

A SoundToys account is really pretty simple. I've picked up more than a few free plugins from manufacturers by doing nothing more than registering a login. I understand some folks don't like iLok but in 10 years I've never had any issues and appreciate the ease and convenience of it. Of course I've never botched mine either.

PrimalTap is not intended to be another tape sim delay. I haven't seen anything that does what it does.
      The great pillars of all government and of social life are virtue, morality, and religion. This is the armor, my friend, and this alone, that renders us invincible... If we lose these, we are conquered, fallen indeed . . . so long as our manners and principles remain sound, there is no danger

Patrick Henry

Comment

Yea, None of my software requires an ILoc and I prefer it that way.
        I cant see buying one for $50 just to download a plugin. I may have to at some future date
        due to all the piracy out there and software manufacturers switching over to it.
        All my software is legal so its a non issue so long as it works the way it should.
        If companies like Sonar switched to ILoc then I'd have to switch when I upgraded.

Comment

Actually this does not require an iLok.

From today's Soundtoys email:

Announcing Little PrimalTap.
          Free for a limited time. Offer Ends March 28th, 2014.

In case you haven't heard, it’s time to get a Little Primal. With Little PrimalTap, our dirty little delay plug-in.

No iLok hardware is required to run this plug-in*. No key. Dare we say dongleless?
          It is fully 64-bit and supports VST and AAX on the Mac and PC, and AudioUnits on the Mac. Check out the details of how to get it, how to share it, and what you can win here.
          Inspired by the classic Prime Time digital delay, Little PrimalTap captures the highly distinctive sonic imprint of this quirky, but amazing creative tool. Use the few simple controls with reckless abandon to echo, loop, warp, distort, mangle, or create cacophonous cascades of otherworldly sounds.

* soundtoys.com and iLok.com accounts are required for plug-in authorization, but no hardware dongle is needed.
          Quick, before they run out...

https://www.soundtoys.com/sxsw2014/&rc=232-6436-766

Patrick Henry

Comment

Working...
          X