Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Where Did The Trade Thread Go???

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Did The Trade Thread Go???

.........and why is it gone?
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><br />
    ---------------------------------------------<br />
    &quot;Twang is good and this is fact.&quot;<br />
    -Thelonius<br />
    &quot;Everything I need to know I learned from booze...&quot;<br />
    -Tom Servo<br />
    -----------------------------------------------<br />
    <br />
    </div>

I killed it because it violates the HC user agreement in a rather blatant way. Please use the HC classifieds. That is what it is for and they have a trades option. Peter
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Stupidity in of itself is a fine art.</div>

Comment

Originally posted by Basilsfawlt
      I killed it because it violates the HC user agreement in a rather blatant way. Please use the HC classifieds. That is what it is for and they have a trades option. Peter

Don't you feel a little silly? Like, it's not lame enough to spend your time reading and posting on the forum, you have to go the next step and become a moderator, and then really seal the deal by "killing" a perfectly good trade thread because of some user agreement.

I could see if this was one of the serious forums where nobody would dare plug their ebay auction or whatever. There are such forums, and this ain't it.

Try to say "blantant violation of the user agreement" without sounding like a turd.

Rock on.

Comment

Peter's a good guy. Please don't bash him for trying to do his job well. In all the forums I've seen, I don't think I've ever come across a moderator who's both been able to keep things under control and not get way over-anal about it. Even if you disagree with him, his effort at being a good moderator merits not hammering him everytime he decides to do something.

Comment

How about this - could we put it in the classifieds and then post something like "I have a ___ for trade in the classifieds"?

Comment

Originally posted by acid brat

Don't you feel a little silly? Like, it's not lame enough to spend your time reading and posting on the forum, you have to go the next step and become a moderator, and then really seal the deal by "killing" a perfectly good trade thread because of some user agreement.

I could see if this was one of the serious forums where nobody would dare plug their ebay auction or whatever. There are such forums, and this ain't it.

Try to say "blantant violation of the user agreement" without sounding like a turd.

Rock on.

Ah it has been so long since some idiot (you in this case) is so all knowing that you have the right to trash me for that. You have no idea of what you speak of much less what I do with my spare time which is probably a lot more than you. Let me spell it out for you:

1. I am a mod because there was a particular poster who was just a total tosser and I took the spot to address this as a compromise. I do not live on the boards and I quite assure you I have a life. Given that you have 881 posts you are not doing so bad yourself. So who is the lame one here?

2. If this is not one of those "serious forums" why are you here? You know that this is not true and this really is one of the better ones out there.

3. Try listening to you mouthing off like a turd. It is pretty reprehensible. Do please stop.

Fact is I was not trying to harsh the guys post and it is not up to you to say. I do not think it unreasonable to ask the guy to use the HC classifieds. What is unreasonable is to have you come in here with the self righteous banter when you know nothing about me, what I do or what others think. Think on that before you flame someone next time. Peter

Comment

aahh...ok...

see, we use the trade threads on other forums simply because its more "secure" than the HC classifieds...on a forum based trade thead you generally deal with a fairly specific group of people...pretty much a "circle of internet friends"....and if a trade goes bad, it gets around VERY quickly.

thanks for answering my question...
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><br />
              &quot;Twang is good and this is fact.&quot;<br />
              -Thelonius<br />
              &quot;Everything I need to know I learned from booze...&quot;<br />
              -Tom Servo<br />
              -----------------------------------------------<br />
              <br />
              </div>

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky13

aahh...ok...

see, we use the trade threads on other forums simply because its more "secure" than the HC classifieds...on a forum based trade thead you generally deal with a fairly specific group of people...pretty much a "circle of internet friends"....and if a trade goes bad, it gets around VERY quickly.

thanks for answering my question...

Somebody suggested that the occassional thread implying you were looking for something or had something that may interest you to part with I have no issues with. The main thing I wish to avoid is the forum turning into a swap mart where people come to jsut hawk there stuff. Use discretion and close the deal privately over email instead of on a thread and I would have no issue with Tim H.s suggestion as long as we do nto start getting a slew of these. Use discretion and it is cool. Peter

Comment

were do you find a copy of the user agreement?

Comment

Go to the nearest bridge at 2am tonight and stand there for 15 minutes. Leave a suitcase filled with money.

We will then contact you with further details.

(Oh, and don't let anyone know beforehand or the deal is cancelled!!!)
                    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="darkblue"><font size="1">Count of the Holy Roman Empire, Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the Brazen Crown, Perpetual Arch-Master of the Rosicrucian Masons of Mesopotamia; Attached (in Honorary Capacities) to Societies Musical, Societies Medical, Societies Philosophical, and Societies General Benevolent, throughout Europe; etc.. etc... etc... </font></font><br />
                    <br />
                    <font color="red"><font size="1">Ubi nihil vales, ibi nihil velis</font></font><br />
                    <br />
                    <font size="1">Big Feckin' Eejit Formerly Known as Jacopo_Belbo</font></div>

Comment

Working...
                    X