Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by civil music
    xbox. why?

HALO

Exactly. You can play Halo again and again and again. It's phenomenal. Unfortunately, it makes all other Xbox games look weak in comparison.

Comment

Why don't you guys just set out trays of fresh vegetables and poetry - Whitman, Cummings, accesible stuff? Then your clients could really nourish themselves during breaks rather than all that games, drinking, and smoking nonsense.

sorry
      Heritage H535 Classic, Ibanez AF105N, ASAT Classic, MIM Telecaster
      Yamaha G100-115 -w- Weber alnico Chicago 15
      Valvetrain Tweed Champ -w- Weber 12A125
      Barber Direct Drive, Keeley Java Boost, Boss digi Delay
      Logic 6 on an old Powermac
      Battery, Pro-52, ES1, EXSP24, EVD6, Crystal, Pluggo
      Tannoy Reveals, AT3035, Prosonus pre

Comment

Originally posted by JMack@work
        Speed,

I am not so sure how accurate that is to be honest.

My home theater is pretty damn nice, I have a Harmon Kardon AVR7000, Harmon Kardon DVD50 pushing an Infinity Modulus 5.1 speaker setup.

Keep in mind that that HK AVR supports DD5.1, Dolby Pro Logic as well as Logic 7.

Now, owning all 3 systems all that take advantage of one of the above. Their is no doubt in my mind that the sound my XB pushes from my theater is nothing short of amazing. The GC to me comes in second place with its Pro Logic voicing and the PS2 I feel doesnt even rate with the other two as far as sound goes. The Logic 7 is great, I agree, I am a big fan of it but I dont think the PS2 does it much justice.

If you were to play Splinter Cell useing DD5.1 you would easily see what I am saying here. It is mind boggling to say the least, the XB stands alone as far as sound goes and the proper placement of sound.

O.k., but you're using a nice DD5.1 chain, with great elements, but the PS2 probably doesn't have those nice converters.

But I think if you were to make a high-end DD5.1 chain and a similar high-end DTS chain, the DTS chain will sound better. Especially in the lower sounds.
        MovingNeedles Recording Studio

Looking for:
        -MXR Envelope Filter & Blue Box ( both block logo's, +boxes and manuals)

For sale:
        -Boss SG-1 Slow Gear Manual; VGC, 1979 print. Make me an offer!

Comment

naked chick paintball bowling,,,,, that sounds fun
          Guitars:
          - Custom Build Mosrite-like
          - Custom Build Strat-like
          - Custom Build Warmoth-VIP
          - 1989 Carvin DC135
          - Godin Icon Type 2 Fat Black
          - Ibanez AF95
          - Larivee LV-03R
          - Seagull Maritime SWS Rosewood SG
          - Martin C1K Uke

Comment

Originally posted by JMack@work

It comes stock with a broadband adapter which would cost you more for another system, the PS2 does not even support broadband.

Yes it does, I have PS2 and a Roadrunner connection and they work just fine...you have to buy the adapter, but still it works.
            Changes in Green

It doesn't matter what's right, It's only wrong if you get caught.-Maynard

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon

Yeah, but DTS is actually better, and is supported by the PS2.

AC3(Dolby Digital) has a higher compression rate, for encoding/decoding than DTS. Thus, DTS gives 'truer' sound.

it may sound nicer, but the PS2 can only support DTS during cutscenes and what not. XBOX supports full-time 5.1 Dolby Digital.
              while you make pretty speeches i'm being cut to shreds

www.myspace.com/thenouveaurich

Comment

If you want the best games, get all 3 systems + a bad azz PC setup for their selections as well

Comment

it may sound nicer, but the PS2 can only support DTS during cutscenes and what not. XBOX supports full-time 5.1 Dolby Digital.

Where do you people get your info from, my goodness

The PS2 doesn't have a dedicated encoder, but has the ability to incorporate one in software tools, which does tax the system resources, but PS2 games definitely supports DTS during in-game, cut-scenes, or both!!!

Guess what sounds better

Comment

If you don't know what a DMS is, you certainly aren't one of them.
                    And you don't have to know what it is!
                    "Sometimes antisocial...but always anti-fascist" Stage Bottles

Comment

i often question things though, and i kind of want to know what one is. cause now i feel like im missing something, and the teacher is just continueing on with the lesson.
                      CHECK MY MUSIC OUT... www.myspace.com/sextonmusic

Comment

I have a playstation 2 and xbox........ and my best friend has a gamecube....

first... all three are GREAT.... you can't go wrong....

i prefer the playstation 2 the most.... there just aren't enough quality games for
                        xbox, but halo is worth it alone.... and vice city is worth it alone for ps2....

and the new zelda game is worth it alone... for the gamecube...

all the sports games seem to be much better on my ps2, even from the same makers across platforms.

also, if your married.. just get one.... my wife is still quite angry...

but we'll survive.....

bford
                        www.myspace.com/thefavoritesmusic
                        www.thefavoritesrock.com

Life is short play a great amp.
                        mmmmm.....budda.........aaagghhh

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm

Where do you people get your info from, my goodness

The PS2 doesn't have a dedicated encoder, but has the ability to incorporate one in software tools, which does tax the system resources, but PS2 games definitely supports DTS during in-game, cut-scenes, or both!!!

Guess what sounds better

I had heard that the DTS was only possible during cutscenes. Granted, I don't even have a DTS decoder for my PS2, so I guess it doesn't really matter for me........ yet.
                          while you make pretty speeches i'm being cut to shreds

www.myspace.com/thenouveaurich

Comment

Playstation2, hands down. Two words: VICE CITY!!! That'll keep your clients busy for HOURS. And it's one of the few games that is fun enough just to watch someone else play.

Plus, as jbford alluded to, there's a ton of high-quality games out for the PS2, and a lot of them are $20 new (Metal Gear Solid 2, Twisted Metal: Black, Spy Hunter, Tony Hawk 3, last year's EA sports games, which are still really good, etc).

XLS

Comment

HALO 2. FEB 2, 2004

That is all.
                              C.F.O.D.

WWW.FRANCIS7.COM

Comment

Originally posted by XLStussy
                                Playstation2, hands down. Two words: VICE CITY!!!
                                XLS

AMEN, BRO!

Forumites, let it be known that XLStussy is a SMART human being!
                                MovingNeedles Recording Studio

Looking for:
                                -MXR Envelope Filter & Blue Box ( both block logo's, +boxes and manuals)

For sale:
                                -Boss SG-1 Slow Gear Manual; VGC, 1979 print. Make me an offer!

Comment

Working...
                                X