X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xbox, gamecube, or playstation 2

which system would you get. especially to keep clients out of the way when mixing
    <div class="signaturecontainer">CHECK MY MUSIC OUT... www.myspace.com/sextonmusic</div>

I would say playstation 2...has the most selection of games, 90% of the latest and greatest come out for it, and it has the most staying power in my opinion
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Satire is comedy to those who think, a tragedy to those who feel.</div>

Comment

see i have heard arguments that the playstation really has a bad good game to bad game ratio and that they only have so many games because they came out more than a year before xbox, and that xbox is coming out with games that are similar to playstations top sellers in order to compete with it better, plus xbox has many more capabilities including graphics and bill gates. hmmm...so hard to decide. bestbuy is doing no interest til january 2004 on ANY purchases.
      <div class="signaturecontainer">CHECK MY MUSIC OUT... www.myspace.com/sextonmusic</div>

Comment

one of the guys at the office has issued his ruling on this issue...

he suggested xbox for adults but get all three if you really like games.
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="3"><font face="Arial Black"><font color="blue">Steven</font></font></font><font face="Arial Black"><br />
        <font size="2"><a href="http://www.mojopie.com" target="_blank">Mojo Pie</a></font></font><br />
        <font face="Arial"><font color="Blue">Reviews, forums, blogs about recording gear</font></font></div>

Comment

...screw all that....set up a a paintball range in the back...nothing relieves tension like shooting a live human being (if you can call us musicians "human").......
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><br />
          ---------------------------------------------<br />
          &quot;Twang is good and this is fact.&quot;<br />
          -Thelonius<br />
          &quot;Everything I need to know I learned from booze...&quot;<br />
          -Tom Servo<br />
          -----------------------------------------------<br />
          <br />
          </div>

Comment

well, i've always thought that recording studios should be next to bowling alleys and topless clubs...

paintball??? i see the possibilities when mixed with bowling and topless dancing.
            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="3"><font face="Arial Black"><font color="blue">Steven</font></font></font><font face="Arial Black"><br />
            <font size="2"><a href="http://www.mojopie.com" target="_blank">Mojo Pie</a></font></font><br />
            <font face="Arial"><font color="Blue">Reviews, forums, blogs about recording gear</font></font></div>

Comment

Originally posted by ozraves
              well, i've always thought that recording studios should be next to bowling alleys and topless clubs...

yours isn't ??????

guess its time for you to relocate.......
              -Thelonius<br />
              -Tom Servo<br />
              <br />
              </div>

Comment

Originally posted by ozraves

paintball??? i see the possibilities when mixed with bowling and topless dancing.

yeah...i've done that, but the strippers bitch about the marks that the paintballs leave.....

.........and you don't even wanna know what they say about the bowling ball marks....
                -Thelonius<br />
                -Tom Servo<br />
                <br />
                </div>

Comment

skin,

For what its worth, I own all 3 systems, yep, I am married and a guitar/video game geek.

Although I do get out of the house unlike some others

I cant stress enough that your money will get you the most if you buy the XBox. It is by far the best system out right now and I dont see that changing for a very long time.

First of all, it has an internal hard drive, no memory cards needed. This lets game developers do things that simply cant be done on other systems (morrowind/Halo), huhe environments/backgrounds that run at a solid 60 FPS.

It allows you to rip your own music from CD's into the XB's HD, then you can play them back when playing certain games, very cool.

It supports Dolby Digital 5.1, no other system does.

It comes stock with a broadband adapter which would cost you more for another system, the PS2 does not even support broadband.

XBoxLive is simply amazing, it allows you to play games online against people from all over the world. You also get a headset and microphone that allows you to communicate with them in real time as if you were on the phone.

For example, I play Tom Clancys Ghost Recon online with XBLive. This is a team/squad based game where communication is essential. For instance, your buddy could say "Hey JMack, I am going to open this door and hang to teh side, get ready to shoot anyone behind it" and then you do it. You can alert your team members of a near by enemy you seen in the woods in theyre area......so on and so on, this is a truely unbeleivable experience.

Last but not least, HALO 2 will be coming out, play the first one and you will know why this is a big deal. This Halo unlike the first will take advantage of XBLive which will be out of this world.

I might be selling my PS2 while I can still get something for it, if you might be interested let me know.

OK, my geek goggles are off and my cool shades are on, so who has a problem with what I just said? You lookin at me?

Jason
                  <div class="signaturecontainer">Hondo Super Strat<br />
                  <br />
                  Gorilla combo 1X10 set on 11<br />
                  </div>

Comment

Just a question SkinDog:
                    You are not really a DMS isn't it?
                    <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;Sometimes antisocial...but always anti-fascist&quot; Stage Bottles</div>

Comment

XBOX
                      <div class="signaturecontainer">4 sale: SWR Super Redhead<br />
                      $700 + shipping<br />
                      <br />
                      <br />
                      &quot;Hey Bonoman!! Don't forget to wrap that rascal!! We don't want a virus from your hard drive getting into Melanie's PM box... &quot; -Dirty Sanchez <br />
                      <br />
                      &quot;The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so <br />
                      long to begin it.&quot; - W. M. Lewis <br />
                      <br />
                      </div>

Comment

"Just a question SkinDog:
                        You are not really a DMS isn't it?"

pardon me, but i do not understand the question.

xbox rocks. ive played halo, loved it. and i heard that playstation 2 couldn't even draw a character from dead or alive for xbox cause it was too much information.

i wanna get a dart board, pool table. all that stuff would rock for the clients. then i can make more less quality albums cause they will remember that they had such a great time at my house.

by the way i had my first paying job the other day, $200 for 5.5 hours. I was charging $25 an hour just to go $5 under what the standard here was, and he payed me like $75 more. rad.

Comment

xbox. why?

HALO

Comment

Originally posted by JMack@work

It supports Dolby Digital 5.1, no other system does.

Yeah, but DTS is actually better, and is supported by the PS2.

AC3(Dolby Digital) has a higher compression rate, for encoding/decoding than DTS. Thus, DTS gives 'truer' sound.
                            <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://members.lycos.nl/movingneedles/index.html" target="_blank"><b><font color="red">M</font><font color="orangered">o</font><font color="orange">v</font><font color="limegreen">i</font><font color="seagreen">n</font><font color="royalblue">g</font><font color="red">N</font><font color="orangered">e</font><font color="orange">e</font><font color="limegreen">d</font><font color="seagreen">l</font><font color="royalblue">e</font><font color="blue">s</font></b> Recording Studio</a><br />
                            <br />
                            <font size="1"><i><b><font color="deeppink">Looking for:</font></b></i> <br />
                            -MXR Envelope Filter &amp; Blue Box ( both block logo's, +boxes and manuals)<br />
                            <br />
                            <b>For sale:<br />
                            -Boss SG-1 Slow Gear Manual</b>; VGC, 1979 print. Make me an offer!</font></div>

Comment

Speed,

I am not so sure how accurate that is to be honest.

My home theater is pretty damn nice, I have a Harmon Kardon AVR7000, Harmon Kardon DVD50 pushing an Infinity Modulus 5.1 speaker setup.

Keep in mind that that HK AVR supports DD5.1, Dolby Pro Logic as well as Logic 7.

Now, owning all 3 systems all that take advantage of one of the above. Their is no doubt in my mind that the sound my XB pushes from my theater is nothing short of amazing. The GC to me comes in second place with its Pro Logic voicing and the PS2 I feel doesnt even rate with the other two as far as sound goes. The Logic 7 is great, I agree, I am a big fan of it but I dont think the PS2 does it much justice.

If you were to play Splinter Cell useing DD5.1 you would easily see what I am saying here. It is mind boggling to say the least, the XB stands alone as far as sound goes and the proper placement of sound.
                              <div class="signaturecontainer">Hondo Super Strat<br />
                              <br />
                              Gorilla combo 1X10 set on 11<br />
                              </div>

Comment

Working...
                              X