Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burning a cd master from Cubase mix...

Hi, recording ppl

I have a problem burning cds of a mix I've done in Cubase SX. I'm using Nero Express and when I try to load (add) the file into a burning session I get "Nero can't read this file". My previous wav. efforts loads just fine but they weren't processed
    in Cubase. Damn.

I've been trying for 2 days and it's driving me crazy.

My thinking is that there is some hidden
    information attached to the wave file that is bugging Nero. ?

Does anybody have any experience of this kind? Or just some far fetched idea of what to do?

Help! Help!

talk is cheap

Not my band's site www.jubie.se

Well when you mix down in Cubase, are you sure your mixing to a 16bit 44.1 wave file (with the extension wave)?

Comment

Originally posted by GitarMan
      Well when you mix down in Cubase, are you sure your mixing to a 16bit 44.1 wave file (with the extension wave)?

What he said!

I just mixed down 8 songs to put on a CD, and two gave me the same error in Nero. The first I discovered I had mixed down at 24bit 44.1 KHz. The second I never figured out, but I just mixed it down again (making sure the setting were correct, etc.) and it worked!
      "That's a matter of opinion. Like "a supermodel is less attractive than a sore-infested, poo-covered morbidly obese bald chick" is a matter of opinion."
      - Audacity Works

"Ain't nobody ever walked down the street humming the sound of a microphone... it's all about 'the music'."
      -Fletcher

Comment

Originally posted by GitarMan

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I did. I'll triple check it tonight though.

I'm doing the: File > Export > Audio Mixdown > and a dialog screen where you select the properties...

talk is cheap

Comment

I think it might have to do with the internal processing of Cubase being floating 32 bit. CD-audio is 16 bit.

Still can't get it to work....

talk is cheap

Comment

It depends on your version of Nero.if you can convert the files to aiff(wavelab,soundforge,shareware) ,you should have no problems....I have the newest version of nero and it now converts wav. files.
            I like my PolySix more than my Juno-60

Comment

Originally posted by jjdugan3
              It depends on your version of Nero.if you can convert the files to aiff(wavelab,soundforge,shareware) ,you should have no problems....I have the newest version of nero and it now converts wav. files.

I have Nero express 5.5. It recognizes other wave files, just not the ones that've been through Cubase. I'll try going by the aiff format and see if that changes things...

Thanks for your input!

talk is cheap

Comment

Update: I updated my 5.5.9.2 version of Nero to the last available 5 version and now it works!!! Happiness!

talk is cheap

Comment

Working...
                X