Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Tascam 424mkIII as a mixer

I own a Tascam 424mkIII 4 track recorder. It doesn't get a whole lot of use - however, I'm currently working on pre-production for making a short film. I wanted to try and use the 424 as a field mixer for a boom mic and run it to my camera (a Canon XL-1)... problem I've found is the sound going to the camera is a bit robotic and has a lot of hum. The phone monitoring at the recorder sounds great... something's lost on the way to the camera. If I wanted to use it as a mixer would I get better results running the "out" from Tape out or Monitor... or somewhere else?
    Anyway to get rid of that hum?
    Thanks for the help if anybody's got an idea...
    CMV
    "Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded." -Jimi Hendrix

bump?
    "Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded." -Jimi Hendrix

Comment

no love?

Comment

final bump.
        hello?

Comment

What sort of input on the video gear? Might be expecting a mic signal when you're sending line.

Might also be a ground loop, in which case one of those line-level ground isolator boxes could help.
          "I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile"

Comment

RCA input for left and right audio chanels.
            The Tascam has XLR inputs.

Comment

Working...
            X