Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Tools Latency

So, I'm set on buying a Dig 002 Rack in December, but the one thing that still has me worried is the latency issue. So tell me, how badly does this suck, and what do you do to get around it. I've never heard this in person, so I just want to know what you do to get around this. Thanks!

Are you talking about monitoring or recording latency? If monitoring latency, then monitor from the mixer. If recording, then you'll have to nudge the tracks back whatever the latency amount is in samples.

Comment

I've got a bud who has a Digi 002. I haven't heard him complain about latency (and he would).

Steve
      www.mojopie.com
      Steven
      Mojo Pie
      Reviews, forums, blogs about recording gear

Comment

when I was using LE I was running the Digi001 and I never experienced and latency. At least nothing audible. And that was with a PIII 1Ghz so it's nother special.
        My Band - Etched In Red

Comment

More than anything else I just need to know that I play along to the pre-recorded tracks and know that every thing will line up correctly in the end. As I said, I have no experience with this sort of thing, so I'll just trying to get an idea of how bad it is. My machine is pretty strong Pentium 4 2.4Ghz running 512MB (which will be upgraded to a gig) of PC2700 memory.

Comment

I think you'll be fine... just keep the buffer size aroudn 256 when recording.

matt

Comment

Originally posted by msilva9383
              I think you'll be fine... just keep the buffer size aroudn 256 when recording.

matt

Is that just a standard setup feature built into the software? Just wanna make sure I know how to do it when I make the leap.

Comment

The trick is to do direct monitoring. Monitor your live signal through the mixer.

Ken
                Guitarist, Songwriter

Comment

actually one of the features of the firewire based 002's is that they offer zero latency monitoring.....
                  It's Been a Long time since I rock and rolled.

Comment

Check out the forum at duc.digidesign.com. It's for Pro Tools users, HD, TDM, LE. . .MAC and PC. . .You should be able to get answers for what you're looking for over there.
                    Rusty

Junior Member. . .what's this B.S. I lost over 1200 other posts!

Comment

Working...
                    X