Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• here's a couple songs i recorded

www.nowhereradio.com The band is called Low Flying Jets, they're New York City rock n' roll. If you think the vocals are low, you're not alone, but thats the way they wanted it. So thats the way it is. Aside from that any comments are welcome.

Oh and i HOPE you get to listen to it on your computer through something better than a pair of ****************ty $5 no name headphones like i did.

Enjoy!

or Hate
    "When I say be skeptical of everything I mean it. Just because someone was elected to do a job doesn't mean that person has any idea of what they're doing."- Sen. Bob Kerry

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." --Hunter S. Thompson

"Never rock the mic with the pantyhose"-MCA

who likes dancin? cuz i like doin the bump!
    "When I say be skeptical of everything I mean it. Just because someone was elected to do a job doesn't mean that person has any idea of what they're doing."- Sen. Bob Kerry

Comment

You'll get more responses if you post a link to the actual clips:

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=3206&alid=828

I'd listen, but I'm on dial up.

MG
      "Thank You, NASA!"

Comment

ah..i see....i guess click an extra link is a pain, whatever. thanx for adding the link though. hopefully i'll get a response now.

Comment

Well hey man, it sounds pretty good, I'd be interested to know what you used to record or what your signal path was.

And yes, I think the vocals are just a tad bit buried.

-Piper

Comment

well pippyman, i work at a studio so i got to use it one night to record the band, then did some minor edits and mutes at home then brought it back to the studio to mix. Tracking was done on an SSL G series with some mics getting sent to outboard pre's. if i remember correctly it was something like this
            1. kick- Atm25->API pre (500 series)
            2.snare-SM57->API pre (500 series)
            3. highhat- AKG 452
            4. Hi tom- sennheiser 421
            5. lo tom- 421
            6 & 7. OH-L&R---AKG 414
            8&9. Room mics- Neumann TLM-170's-> Tubetech MP1A->distressors
            10. rhythm guitar- front -57-> neve 1066
            11. rhythm guitar-back-d112
            12. Lead guitar- Sennheiser 421-> neve 1066
            13. Bass-> Alan Smart DI->neve 1066->Pultec EQP->Tubetech CL1B
            14. Vocals- 58.

the vocals were done for both of those songs on a 58, they're low and there is distortion on them so there wasn't really any need to use a nice mic. The band was recorded with the drums in the live room and the guitar amps were in iso booths. everybody was in the live room together and the guitar player who was singer was behind two tall gobo's with big windows to see everyone. This was mixed on an SSL Axiom. And when it comes to the drums all i really used was the kick snare and room mics. there were a bit of the toms mics to fill things out but i didn't use the overheads at all.

Comment

The drums sound muffled and the base is a little too loud.
              My old heating ducts were stepped in size and would give off faint harmonics of different frequencies. If you didn't listen too close and let your mind drift, it would turn into a song. We got a new heating system and much music was lost.

Comment

the bass is supposed to be loud and can you ellaborate on the drums sounding muffled?

Comment

Working...
                X