Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

A good cheap condenser Mic

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse







X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I suppose you could use it, but why? The nuances will be lost.

    Comment


    • #17
      Nuances? i just need something for the singer to sing through. will a condenser work for this in a live situation?

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Stewman_86
        Nuances? i just need something for the singer to sing through. will a condenser work for this in a live situation?


        +1
        <div class="signaturecontainer">www.nadsatrebel.com</div>

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by hiwatt33


          +1


          Whoops! Sorry about the last post.

          Yes, it will work but I would recommend an SM57/58 or something if the singer screams a lot. In my experience dynamic mics have less "handling" noise. This is at the price of better fidelity. I wouldn't record with a dynamic mic
          <div class="signaturecontainer">www.nadsatrebel.com</div>

          Comment


          • #20
            I've recently purchased an AT3035 for recording electric guitar and it's very good. Clean, medium gain rock, to full out high gain. Sounds great, barely have to work on the mic placement as well.
            -Sys

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Stewman_86
              Nuances? i just need something for the singer to sing through. will a condenser work for this in a live situation?


              It's not ideal. I've seen them used live before, but the singer was good (read: knew and used good mic technique) and the band was not excessively loud. Whether feedback will be a problem for you is a factor of your monitor levels, monitor quality, and rehearsal space.

              Nevertheless, I would never recommend one live. SM58's are good enough for some of the top names in the business when it comes to a live vocal mic. You can't go wrong with one. You'll have less feedback, less bleed from the instruments, and it won't break if you accidentally hurl it across the room.
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><b><a href="http://www.lovelabormusic.com" target="_blank">Homebrew CD reviews at LoveLaborMusic.com</a></b><font size="1"><br />
              <a href="http://www.alandmoore.com/lc" target="_blank">My musical adventures</a><br />
              <a href="http://www.alandmoore.com/ramblings/TheoryOfDP.htm" target="_blank">The Drum Programming tutorial</a><br />
              <a href="http://www.alandmoore.com/cleancloset" target="_blank">Stuff for sale/trade</a></font></div>

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by spinman


                It's not ideal. I've seen them used live before, but the singer was good (read: knew and used good mic technique) and the band was not excessively loud. Whether feedback will be a problem for you is a factor of your monitor levels, monitor quality, and rehearsal space.

                Nevertheless, I would never recommend one live. SM58's are good enough for some of the top names in the business when it comes to a live vocal mic. You can't go wrong with one. You'll have less feedback, less bleed from the instruments, and it won't break if you accidentally hurl it across the room.


                +1
                <div class="signaturecontainer">My logic does not resemble your earth logic...<br />
                <br />
                ...it's much more advanced.<br />
                <br />
                Mesa Boogie Nomad 55 2x12 - $900 shipped</div>

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by syssie
                  I've recently purchased an AT3035 for recording electric guitar and it's very good. Clean, medium gain rock, to full out high gain. Sounds great, barely have to work on the mic placement as well.
                  -Sys


                  + a freakin' million. I describe this mic as "point and shoot" for guitar cabs. Good on vocals as well in many situations with no sibilance issues. Not so hot on acoustic guitars, but workable.

                  Review HERE

                  Warren
                  <div class="signaturecontainer">Warren Dent | Owner | <font color="Red"><a href="http://www.ZenProAudio.com" target="_blank">www.ZenProAudio.com</a></font></div>

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X