Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i use my 002R in cubase sx?!?!

i heard i can use the digi 002rack in other DAW's like cubase sx, but i went into my devices setup i ncubase and all i can get are the built in audio inputs. what am i missing? or is this not even possible?

*bump*
    pleeeeeeeeeease anyone??!??!?!

Comment

and the answer is?
      Windose? I don't need
      no stinking Windose.

Comment

I dont think you can. I know you can only use Digidesign hardware (I think Avid) with Pro-tools so maybe you cant use the hardware with other programs. But then again I can use it as a soundcard driver with other software like MusicMatch, Win Media Player,.... So maybe you can. Sorry I bet that didnt help. I have the digi001.

Comment

Depends of if Digidesign supplies ASIO drivers for it. I don't think they do so I don't think you can.

Comment

Guitar Center claims that you can. I guess I will give it a try and see. I am actually using Digital Performer but I would guess that if it works in DP it will also work in Cubase. I heard someone say that they thought only two channels would work with some sort of ASIO driver.
            Windose? I don't need
            no stinking Windose.

Comment

I tried it with cubase VST that came with my soundblaster card, but it didn't work, even though I installed the latest ASIO driver from Digidesign. The MIDI section doesn't even recognize the MIDI ports on the 002R.
              Any problem can be solved by the suitable application of nuclear weapons.

XT Brotherhood

Comment

I am using Mac OSX 10.3 (Panther). Can you guys please specify what OS you are using for your tests?
                Windose? I don't need
                no stinking Windose.

Comment

I'd guess it works with DP because you can use DP as a frontend for Protools, I don't know if Cubase has that ability or not.

Comment

Ok. So there is an ASIO driver for all Protools Digi products. You can find out the information here:
                    http://www.digidesign.com/download/asio/

Summary:
                    This page says you can use the Digidesign hardware without any Pro Tools software.

It says they've tested the driver with several apps including the following:
                    Steinberg Cubase SX 1.06
                    Steinberg Nuendo 1.5.2 and 2.01
                    Steinberg Wavelab 4.0

I'd say download and installed the ASIO driver and see if it works. It should show up in Cubase once you've installed it.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronscool
                      Ok. So there is an ASIO driver for all Protools Digi products. You can find out the information here:
                      http://www.digidesign.com/download/asio/ B]

From the same web page they also state that if you are using Mac OSX you do not need an ASIO driver, but you will need the ProTools Core audio driver.
                      Windose? I don't need
                      no stinking Windose.

Comment

Working...
                      X