Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolang VS-1880 or Yamah AW16G

I'm looking for something that I can record all of my ideas with (I have a little tape 4-track but I want to record serious stuff) and I'm leaning towards something all inclusive like the Yamaha or the Roland so that I can multi-track guitar/bass/drum machine/vox and burn it on to a CD so that I can use it as a demo and for mp3's on the comp. My comp doesn't really have the capacity for recording stuff... so I was wondering if either of these two would be a good idea. This would be mainly for home/dorm use, but since it's portable, I figured it might be cool for recording a whole band as well... what do you guys think?
    For Sale:
    ~Lefty MIJ 72RI Custom Telecaster - Black with maple neck-- $550+shipping
    ~Lefty Westone Concord II - Black/black with rosewood board-- $125+shipping
    ~MI Audio Blue Boy Deluxe - excellent+ condition-- $120 shipped

The Rolands generally have better effects. I used a 1680 for a couple years and recorded a few local bands on it. It did the job for quite awhile. All in all, the Rolands are a pretty damn solid machine.
    --------------------
    Supersonic Samples :: Premium Drum Replacement Library
    Supersonic DOWNLOAD Page

Comment

Roland's are useful machines. I know exactly where you are at as a musician wanting to record good sounding demos. The 1880 has two more usuable tracks and isn't much more. The effects you can get on the Roland are kick ass. I have a new 1880 for sale if you are interested. Email me at back2caliigo2003@yahoo.com if you are interested.

Comment

definetly the AW16G. it's the best deal for digital recrding in it's price/feature catagory. checkout aw16g.com for any questions you may have about the unit.

Comment

Leftside:

If you're serious about recording other bands live, investigate a Fostex VF160-CD with a VC-8 or Behringer ADA8000 option. It a great 16-simultaneous-track live recorder for ~$900 (will do 10 simultaneous tracks out of the box if one of your sources is S/PDIF).

If you need a drum machine you might want to consider a Zoom MRS802CD (~$700) recorder with one built in.

Lot's of good stuff out there, all with pluses and minuses.

Good luck,
          Paj
          8^)

Comment

Go with the AW16G; it's easier to use than the VS-1880, and the VS-1880 is discontinued. It also has some quirky "popping" problems when using the effects board that Roland hasn't corrected.
            My band "The Executives" website : TheExecutivesMusic.com

Comment

how many tracks do you need to record at the same time ??

also, how many tracks will you need ??

Comment

Working...
              X