Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Rolang VS-1880 or Yamah AW16G

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolang VS-1880 or Yamah AW16G

I'm looking for something that I can record all of my ideas with (I have a little tape 4-track but I want to record serious stuff) and I'm leaning towards something all inclusive like the Yamaha or the Roland so that I can multi-track guitar/bass/drum machine/vox and burn it on to a CD so that I can use it as a demo and for mp3's on the comp. My comp doesn't really have the capacity for recording stuff... so I was wondering if either of these two would be a good idea. This would be mainly for home/dorm use, but since it's portable, I figured it might be cool for recording a whole band as well... what do you guys think?
    <div class="signaturecontainer">For Sale:<br />
    ~Lefty MIJ 72RI Custom Telecaster - Black with maple neck-- $550+shipping<br />
    ~Lefty Westone Concord II - Black/black with rosewood board-- $125+shipping<br />
    ~MI Audio Blue Boy Deluxe - excellent+ condition-- $120 shipped</div>

The Rolands generally have better effects. I used a 1680 for a couple years and recorded a few local bands on it. It did the job for quite awhile. All in all, the Rolands are a pretty damn solid machine.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">--------------------<br />
    <a href="http://www.supersonicsamples.com" target="_blank">Supersonic Samples :: Premium Drum Replacement Library</a><br />
    <a href="http://www.supersonicsamples.com/purchase.html" target="_blank"><b>Supersonic DOWNLOAD Page</b></a></div>

Comment

Roland's are useful machines. I know exactly where you are at as a musician wanting to record good sounding demos. The 1880 has two more usuable tracks and isn't much more. The effects you can get on the Roland are kick ass. I have a new 1880 for sale if you are interested. Email me at back2caliigo2003@yahoo.com if you are interested.

Comment

definetly the AW16G. it's the best deal for digital recrding in it's price/feature catagory. checkout aw16g.com for any questions you may have about the unit.

Comment

Leftside:

If you're serious about recording other bands live, investigate a Fostex VF160-CD with a VC-8 or Behringer ADA8000 option. It a great 16-simultaneous-track live recorder for ~$900 (will do 10 simultaneous tracks out of the box if one of your sources is S/PDIF).

If you need a drum machine you might want to consider a Zoom MRS802CD (~$700) recorder with one built in.

Lot's of good stuff out there, all with pluses and minuses.

Good luck,
          Paj
          8^)

Comment

Go with the AW16G; it's easier to use than the VS-1880, and the VS-1880 is discontinued. It also has some quirky "popping" problems when using the effects board that Roland hasn't corrected.
            <div class="signaturecontainer">My band &quot;The Executives&quot; website : <a href="http://www.theexecutivesmusic.com" target="_blank">TheExecutivesMusic.com</a></div>

Comment

how many tracks do you need to record at the same time ??

also, how many tracks will you need ??

Comment

Working...
              X